Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:23 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
Threerun: "I don't know. Wish it were easier to figure all this out."

I am pro 2A but at the same time something needs to be done. Not sure going back from 18-21 to purchase a firearm will really stop these but I guess it could reduce some of them. But at the same time how can we ask an 18 year old to join the military and die for their country but you cannot purchase and own your own firearm? No easy answer but we need to figure something out. Take the most extreme on both sides and throw them out of the equation. Then take the more moderates that are left and bring them together in hopes of finding some answers.
I think being a member of the Armed Forces changes the equation. If you don't know anything about firearms, firearms safety and shooting skills- you're going to get it!

Another thing and food for thought- I'd like to know what, if any, impact there is with exposure to graphic games depicting violence. If responsible recreational firearm owners are subjected to a tax on firearms and ammo because of that link then the same may be applicable to users, developers, manufacturers and providers of entertainment that may be culpable to a degree in this hot mess we are in.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:41 AM

7,644 posts, read 4,593,440 times
So have we all agreed that raising ammo taxes will not actually prevent mass shootings? Just want to tune out if we're all done with the topic.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:07 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,871,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
So have we all agreed that raising ammo taxes will not actually prevent mass shootings? Just want to tune out if we're all done with the topic.
Regardless of whether everyone has agreed or not (and debate is not required to reach a consensus), this topic has run its course.

Thank you to all for participating and remaining civil with each other throughout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates