Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And you're welcome to make that assumption. But please admit that it's an assumption.
No I will not. The neural structures of the limbic system start developing in the first six to eight weeks after conception. The deviation is simply to wide for it to be the result of conventional brain plasticity.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:08 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
No I will not. The neural structures of the limbic system start developing in the first six to eight weeks after conception. The deviation is simply to wide for it to be the result of conventional brain plasticity.
Ahh yes, another argument that runs the course of the Hypothalamus Gland argument.

Close, but no cigar.

Even so, why are you people so hateful towards homosexuals that want to be heterosexuals? You seem to be elated to think that there are people going the other way. So why the one-sided hypocrisy?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Even so, why are you people so hateful towards homosexuals that want to be heterosexuals?
But even this question is saying that the gay person who wants to be straight is still gay. Despite what the "ex-gay" movement wants you to believe, it doesn't work. People can be conditioned to go through the motions, but it's more important to be true to one's self, whether that be accepting that one is gay or one is straight or one is bisexual. I'm usually elated when people who've been living a lie finally realize that they don't have to suffer like that anymore.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
Quote:
Ahh yes, another argument that runs the course of the Hypothalamus Gland argument.

Close, but no cigar.

Even so, why are you people so hateful towards homosexuals that want to be heterosexuals? You seem to be elated to think that there are people going the other way. So why the one-sided hypocrisy?
You don't think the evidence in its favour is pretty overwhelming then? Personaly I know that my own sexuality is set in stone. Being bi I could choose to live a straight life, but it won't change the fact that i'm still attracted to men and transgender people.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
You don't think the evidence in its favour is pretty overwhelming then? Personaly I know that my own sexuality is set in stone. Being bi I could choose to live a straight life, but it won't change the fact that i'm still attracted to men and transgender people.
So your personal, anecdotal experience makes for a set-in-stone, universal law?

Interesting.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But even this question is saying that the gay person who wants to be straight is still gay. Despite what the "ex-gay" movement wants you to believe, it doesn't work. People can be conditioned to go through the motions, but it's more important to be true to one's self, whether that be accepting that one is gay or one is straight or one is bisexual. I'm usually elated when people who've been living a lie finally realize that they don't have to suffer like that anymore.
How do you know it doesn't work?

Apparently there are people who are making the change on a regular basis? Who are you - and who am I - to say whether it is or is not possible?

There are apparently ex-homosexuals all over. And all you folks can do is cover your ears and scream, "IT CAN'T BE DONE! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!"

But rather than do that, why not celebrate with them in their happiness?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
aka, "I don't like the PFOX website!"

The fact that the organization exists - and by the way, is non-religious - points to the FACT that homosexuals who want to leave that life are overwhelmed with abuse of every kind.

And here I thought homosexuals were all about peace, love, tolerance and the "live & let live" mentality.
PFOX is part of the PATH system, and utilizes "faith-based conversion therapy". They also promote abstinence only programs and lobby against anti-discrimination laws for the transgendered.

They also promote the misguided ideal that homosexuality is a choice, which goes against every scientific and clinical ideal, and promote attempts to live a lie of being straight, which every mental health peer review group in the states agrees is harmful to the individual.

They also offer NO source substantiating their claim that "ex-gays" are persecuted or discriminated against. This is clearly a scare tactic to get people to enroll their gay children with this asanine program.

PFOX may claim to be a secular organization, but they are not.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,285 times
Homosexuality is merely a birth defect, and not a choice.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:

Close, but no cigar.

You have yet to substantiate your strawman.

What is hated is people who push others into unnatural situations, like forcing them to live a lie.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,285 times
im an agnostic and even so you make me feel like xians can't be all bad if YOU hate them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates