Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 11:30 AM

29,798 posts, read 34,614,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I can only imagine what kind of leper I'd treat them like if one made an unwelcome advance (and, being straight, they're ALL unwelcome).
Gays are people. Treat them like you would a woman who made an unwelcome advance. "Thanks, but no."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 11:52 AM

653 posts, read 1,234,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You mean like holding hands, making out in public, walking arm in arm...all the things that hetero's do?
yes correct. as i said i am not opposed to it, but plenty are, and if you do things to make people know you are gay, then you are seeking trouble.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:56 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,260,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
yes correct. as i said i am not opposed to it, but plenty are, and if you do things to make people know you are gay, then you are seeking trouble.
I figured that was your position.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:56 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,359,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramar View Post
people do a lot of things they shouldn't. I can only police my own actions--i don't have a right to police the actions of others.

thank you

Old 08-29-2009, 03:00 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,669,059 times
its harmful as anything else you try to force on people.
jerry falwell is no more attractive wearing pink.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:28 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,528,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Honestly, your relentless church/religion bashing gets really old. You're entitled to your opinions - most of which are pretty out-dated and ludicrous - but all you're doing with your relentless religion-bashing is making a public arse of yourself.

In addition, you're proving yourself to be a complete, unashamed and unadulterated hypocrite - because all this tolerance you call for is something you adamantly REFUSE to extend to those who don't toe the line with your way of thinking. Frankly, in that regard, you're nothing but a re-warmed Nazi.

You SHOULD be ashamed of yourself.
That is so true. Reverse racism at its finest, though homosexuality is not a race...the principle still stands.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
That is so true. Reverse racism at its finest, though homosexuality is not a race...the principle still stands.
Is it "reverse racism" to continually point out that the Klan are racist?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:27 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,776,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Gays are people. Treat them like you would a woman who made an unwelcome advance. "Thanks, but no."
Ah, but I accept any advance I get from a woman.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:31 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,776,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's not really relevant to the post I responded to. The point is that the same poster would not say that a hetero couple holding hands, or whatever, is shoving their heterosexuality into people's faces. Maybe he would, but it's unlikely.
The point is that those things SHOULD remain private. It annoys me to see either homosexuals OR heterosexuals displaying affection in public. Get a room...even to the extent of holding hands or giving hugs.

I like the Japanese form of greeting, where they bow to each other. They don't need to TOUCH each other to greet each other.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,260,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The point is that those things SHOULD remain private. It annoys me to see either homosexuals OR heterosexuals displaying affection in public. Get a room...even to the extent of holding hands or giving hugs.

I like the Japanese form of greeting, where they bow to each other. They don't need to TOUCH each other to greet each other.
To start, I wish you wouldn't make this about you, because it's not about you. It's not about your issues with public affection. And it's not really about public displays of affection. It's about heteros engaging in a specific behavior that is deemed unacceptable coming from homosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates