Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,776,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
That was directed at your flawed thinking. That was to illsutrate to YOU that your idea that being offended gave you some inherent right to physically attack someone and/or take them to court because they offended you with PDA's.
I don't believe in the ability of the court system to take care of something I can take care of myself. I gave a guy a concussion for running his mouth about my girlfriend. Nothing happened to me other than him giving me a wide berth from then on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 01:36 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't believe in the ability of the court system to take care of something I can take care of myself. I gave a guy a concussion for running his mouth about my girlfriend. Nothing happened to me other than him giving me a wide berth from then on.
And if he had chosen to being the authorities into the situation, you would've been arrested, charged, and convicted for assualt and battery.

You really need to get it into your head, unless one can prove it was in self defense, ie a physical threat and not merely a feeling of being offended, it is indeed assault and you may face jail time.

But hey, don't believe me. Go ahead and attack a couple of guys walking down the street hand in hand becasue "they offended you". If they don't wipe the sidewalk with yet another internet tough guy, let us know how prison went for you.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM

You're a fool.

Enough said.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,352,045 times
Quote:
You're a fool.

Enough said.
Wrong TK.

It is YOU who is the FOOL. A STUPID fool at that.

'nough said!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,260,229 times
Quote:
As I've said before, there are various ways of dealing with it. I already HAVE hurt people for offending me, and they stop offending.
Well, someone talking smack about your girl to you is pretty stupid. If you're gonna thrash someone like that, eh. I can't say I'd care. What you and the people in your world do is your business. But, I thought you were saying that physical violence is ok to deal with PDA when you see it...against those that don't know you or would want to.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:37 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,754 times
Quote:
You're a fool.

Enough said.
Wow, you really put me in my place with such excellent debating skills.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM

If you refuse to read what I've posted...

I have never said I would beat someone up just for walking hand in hand, or kissing each other in public. I may do so, if given no other choice. In my answer to Braunwyn, who directly asked me about it, I said I would likely turn away so that I didn't have to see what should be kept PRIVATE. But push your private matters in my face, and I will react--and I will win. I have years of experience being in physical confrontations. Not playing around at the gym, but actual confrontations. Including as a child in my own home.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:51 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,260,229 times
Quote:
If you refuse to read what I've posted...

I have never said I would beat someone up just for walking hand in hand, or kissing each other in public. I may do so, if given no other choice. In my answer to Braunwyn, who directly asked me about it, I said I would likely turn away so that I didn't have to see what should be kept PRIVATE. But push your private matters in my face, and I will react--and I will win. I have years of experience being in physical confrontations. Not playing around at the gym, but actual confrontations. Including as a child in my own home.
I don't understand how affection between two people, where one of them isn't you, could be pushed in your face. It's not like people want to make out while sitting on your head. I don't get what you mean here.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM

People making out somewhere where I HAVE to be to accomplish my goals are in my face. Most of the time those people are told to "get a room". It's not necessary to put private matters out in public.

Guys yakking on his cellphone loudly discussing personal matters, I'll gladly grab the phone and toss it out the bus window.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,359,725 times
Quote:
As I've said before, there are various ways of dealing with it. I already HAVE hurt people for offending me, and they stop offending.
Can I ask what the "offenders" did? And why they deserved the treatment you gave them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates