Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,914,613 times

Advertisements

Public displays of affection are on a sliding scale. If people give a quick kiss hello, It doesn't bother me, gay or otherwise. Holding hands ? Hugging ? No problem, but I am put off by the couples I have seen in public who are all but "doing it." I am not easily shocked, but who wants to see certain things while you are sitting on a beach ? Motels have a purpose. Perhaps some people are exhibitionists, and others voyeurs, all well, and fine, but remember that sliding scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 05:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,327,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I do notice--and it bothers me.
Silly

Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM

742 posts, read 1,232,566 times
Quote:
I wouldn't do it simply because they were gay--I'd only do it if they were being rude to me. By not keeping private matters private--I'd do the same to a heterosexual, so it's not an issue of gay vs. straight. It's a matter of impropriety.
even if your reasons werent because they were gay or black or a whatever, interest groups always push for hate crime status if they can. god bless america

Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,738,871 times
So...what if it was a heterosexual couple I was taking offense to? Private displays of affection should be that--private.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:41 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,327,911 times
Quote:
So...what if it was a heterosexual couple I was taking offense to? Private displays of affection should be that--private.

Once again - a silly post.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,424,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Once again - a silly post.
It look very much to me as if the poster you replied to is very disturbed by gays, perhaps some form of threatened masculity syndrom, and is trying to backtrack and claim all PDA's "offend him to the point of violence" in an effort to not seem a homophobe.

I know some peope get offended by people kissing deeply in public, and I agree that should be kept provate, but an Elderly coupel walkign arm in arm or a young couple walking hand in hand certainly sholdn't offend anyone.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM

You'd be wrong. I don't care what people do behind closed doors, but I have the respect for other people to keep MY relationships behind closed, locked doors.

I do recall my first post saying that they certainly have the right to be attracted to whomever they like, and act on that attraction. Personally, if they want to marry, I'd say let them--that doesn't hurt anyone. What hurts, and is offensive is when any two people can't keep their sex life private, by keeping all displays of affection behind closed, locked doors.

Last edited by TKramar; 09-08-2009 at 04:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 04:33 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,424,218 times
Quote:
You'd be wrong. I don't care what people do behind closed doors, but I have the respect for other people to keep MY relationships behind closed, locked doors.

I do recall my first post saying that they certainly have the right to be attracted to whomever they like, and act on that attraction. Personally, if they want to marry, I'd say let them--that doesn't hurt anyone. What hurts, and is offensive is when any two people can't keep their sex life private, by keeping all displays of affection behind closed, locked doors.
Then people had better stop wearing wedding rings too.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,689,525 times
I live a thousand miles away from my daughters. When I see them, I hug and kiss them. Do you people have a problem with that too? After all, we are all FEMALES.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Then people had better stop wearing wedding rings too.
Why? Who pays attention to those? I wouldn't even notice, and--if I did see it--wouldn't know it was a wedding ring unless I was told specifically.

Besides, that isn't about two people doing something that should only be done in their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates