Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Why shouldn't convicted felons be allowed to play?

What other jobs do you think convicted felons should be allowed to hold?
If they made Vick clean the restrooms in Philly would you be ok with him working in the NFL?

Players come and go...the owners are the permanent fixture of a team for a long time. Look at Al Davis, the man is a living dinosaur.

In the end Rush was kept out by one of his own. Not Obama, Not the Liberal Media, Not Jackson or Sharpton, And not the players...but by one of his own. Meaning White, Rich, Republicans.

And remember. The players belong to a strong union...which is the reason Vick is really back in the league. Well the union and Dungy (Christian) and Reid (Mormon) taking a chance on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
What did he do wrong , limbaugh listener .
Read some of my posts and you will see why I listen to him. I especially wanted to hear his rant about his loss. He sounds like a little spoil child. I think it is good to know just what is spewing from his lips and igniting so much hatred for so many people in this country who don't look like him.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:47 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Read some of my posts and you will see why I listen to him. I especially wanted to hear his rant about his loss. He sounds like a little spoil child. I think it is good to know just what is spewing from his lips and igniting so much hatred for so many people in this country who don't look like him.
There is a difference between talking and whining.
Yeah, he's spewing real racist stuff there. So lets ignore the fact that one of his frequent stand in hosts is a black man, that one of his good friends, who calls into the show all the time, is a black minister who is also an ex NFL player. Yeah, he hates everyone who doesn't look like him.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Yeah, he's spewing real racist stuff there. So lets ignore the fact that one of his frequent stand in hosts is a black man, that one of his good friends, who calls into the show all the time, is a black minister who is also an ex NFL player. Yeah, he hates everyone who doesn't look like him.
The real problem is that liberals hate anyone who doesn't think like them.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:53 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
If they made Vick clean the restrooms in Philly would you be ok with him working in the NFL?
I don't give a **** where Vick works though I would prefer it not to be as QB for the Eagles. But that's because he isn't the QB I want, not because of the crimes he commited. He can be a wide receiver or running back....just not QB.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Rush isn't going to sue his investment group for pushing him out. They made a business decision, and he surely understands they are correct, even if he doesn't like it. And there is no one else he could sue for this, as it was the group & him that decided he would back out. The NFL never made any decision on the matter. The owners didn't vote, though one owner (I believe) said he would vote against. Some players said they wouldn't play for him. But no one pushed him out. He won't sue anyone.
I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know the exact way this will play out, but Rush will sue media outlets like CNN and the like, for slander and character assault, not the NFL and not the investment group.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Two black people close to him that's a record. He is entertaining and unbelievably smooth the way he gets his audience all fired up and ready to go.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Does this mean that there really are consequences for a public figure making racist and irresponsible inflammatory comments to an audience of millions? Does this mean that some guy with millions in the bank isn't totally free to do as he pleases?
you of course have a link with quotes, or a video, or some source for these accusations of Rush making "racist and irresponsible inflammatory comments"??

Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
you of course have a link with quotes, or a video, or some source for these accusations of Rush making "racist and irresponsible inflammatory comments"??
Wapasha, this question has been asked quite a few times on this very thread and not 1 single response. They are hit and run posts with nothing to back them up. This question can't be answered honestly by the left because Rush never said any of the things they accuse him of. It's all fantasy.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Why shouldn't convicted felons be allowed to play?

What other jobs do you think convicted felons should be allowed to hold?
That is not what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates