Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
I will not use the word caucasian to describe European Americans .
Europeans decended from a homo sapien tribe originally inhabitating the Caucauses (a mountain area in Europe.) It is just as silly to refuse to use the word "caucasion" as it is to refuse to use the word "Italian."

Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
One thing people tend to overlook is that many dark skinned people are also 'White'; Arabs as well as some Hispanics come to mind and they have suffered hate crimes from other White people.

The above stated: there have indeed been hate crimes against (Anglo) Whites by so-called people of color.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The above stated: there have indeed been hate crimes against (Anglo) Whites by so-called people of color.
So therefore we may conclude that...let's see if I've got this right...hate respects no color? I don't know; that sounds suspiciously un-PC.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,317,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Europeans decended from a homo sapien tribe originally inhabitating the Caucauses (a mountain area in Europe.) It is just as silly to refuse to use the word "caucasion" as it is to refuse to use the word "Italian."
WOW! You have been very ill educated on the origins of this term. The German anthropologist who made the term popular said he had found the skulls of the most superior and beautiful race in the world, the "white people" of course, even though those characteristics were shared by neighboring darker skinned peoples. Today, scientists recognize that those who descended from these skulls are people from Caucasus mountain area and really do not a very good representation of the European people. It is a long ago debunked myth.

A little history education for you:

We can thank Johann Friedrich Blumenbach for the term Caucasian.

He says:
Quote:
Caucasian race: Information from Answers.com "Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the autochthones (birth place) of mankind."[SIZE=1][[/SIZE]
Quote:
It is rejected by many academics and political activists who view any system of categorizing humanity based on physical type as an obsolete 19th century racism,[SIZE=1][5][/SIZE] and human genome studies have shown that there is no single and simple genetic definition equivalent to "Caucasian"
Quote:
The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the indigenous populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia.[1] Historically, the term has been used to describe the entire population of these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.
Caucasian race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, as an American, we call every single race from in they or their descendents came from: Native American, Latino American, Asian American, African American, Indian American...and caucasian. How does tell me anything about my heritage? It does not. I am European American, with a small amount Native American blood (though no one wants to admit the second one but the charaterists don't lie). I can be proud of that. Caucasian is a generalization of European, Northern Africa, the Caucasus range and as far East as Indian.

By saying so, I can know that I am not Indian, Turkish, Russian, Tibetian, Arabian, Egyptian, ect, ect. I have European blood and I have heritage there, and I feel as strongly about that as I do about knowing and understanding my roots that are considered pagan and uncultured by the christian religion I was brought up in. It is who I am. I DO NOT want to be considered part of some "perfect, most beautiful" race that some idiot came up with that says all humans descended from this place, or that those from my own countries with darker pigment are "dirty" including those women who were less intelligent or poorer who were dumb or were forced to be in the sun and obtain a tan.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
But here’s another statistic that will shock your socks off about rape statistics: In the year 2005, over 100 White women were sexually assaulted or raped by Negroes per day! And this is versus somewhere between 0 and 10 for white men raping Black women for the entire year

A Year of Violence: “Hush” Crimes Against Whites « INCOG MAN: Sick of all the BS…

Quote:
EMU murder trial begins today | detnews.com | The Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071015/SCHOOLS/710150361 - broken link) Eastern Michigan University Coed Laura Dickinson is raped and smothered by a pillow by Orange Taylor III. University officials tried to hide the crime. Just recently, a black juror refused to convict him, resulting in a mistrial and costing tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars, despite overwhelming evidence he committed the deed
Quote:
4 black males and 1 black female, carjack and kidnap a young white couple, out on a date, Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom, raping, sodomizing and torturing them, in front of one another. Christopher was then shot 3 times with a high-power rifle and burned. They pour bleach down throat of a living Channon and then strangle her. They put Channon out with the trash.
Quote:
Even with this, Blacks kill Whites at 17 times more than the other way around. In fact, if Whites committed this kind of thing, per capita for 10 years, then the number of dead Negroes at the hands of the whites would exceed, by far, the number of US Soldiers killed during the entire Vietnam war!
A Year of Violence: “Hush” Crimes Against Whites « INCOG MAN: Sick of all the BS…

Quote:
One series of unprovoked crimes that specifically targeted White Americans is the Zebra murders that occurred in San Francisco between 1973 and 1974..., is believed to account for more than 71 murders .....Another series of crimes that specifically targeted whites is the 2002 Beltway sniper attacks which planned to kill six whites a day for 30 days,[49] and resulted in 10 deaths and 3 critical injuries
and interesting note from: Hoffman reveals: The Forgotten Slaves--Whites in Servitude
Quote:
Before British slavers traveled to Africa's western coast to buy Black slaves from African chieftains, they sold their own White working class kindred ("the surplus poor" as they were known) from the streets and towns of England, into slavery. Tens of thousands of these White slaves were kidnapped children. In fact the very origin of the word kidnapped is kid-nabbed, the stealing of White children for enslavement.
As a homeschooler, I look at this information and I see that I recall only learning about black slavery and it all started with white people owning Native American and black people when before both, black people practiced black slavery, Native American practiced Native American slavery, and white people practiced white slavery. I know that when I teach my children, they will learn many examples from around the world and what it meant to everyone equally.

As a mother, I must wonder if the laws would protect my own children as well as they would protect someone elses child if the same crime was committed against them.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Wow. I forget that some people still unblinkingly use the words "Negro" and "Negress."

Old 11-04-2009, 02:40 PM

12 posts, read 20,996 times
I wish you would tell that to the blacks out down here. Gotta watch out for em daily or else might get jumped

Old 11-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wow. I forget that some people still unblinkingly use the words "Negro" and "Negress."
That ticks me off! I tried to alter the quotes to change that. It was a site that someone had put together with linking articles. The articles, until this person, were undeniable.

It also goes for the word mullato. Still, I know people who are not with the times and still think it is acceptable because back when they learned it the term, it was. I've tried to explain to one person that the excepted term is mixed.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
All I have to say is Buffalo & Rochester.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
At the fine age of 63, I hope to see in my lifetime a society where we are actually just Americans, or Texans. but as long as a single document has a box to check, that says other wise---we are truly stuck. The way to have a color Free Nation, is to have a color free Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates