Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
"Good" and "bad" are purely human concepts, and nothing is good or bad except to the perception of humans. The planet, in astronomical terms, is absolutely neutral, and possesses no right or wrong place in the universe.
I know good from bad, even if others can't make up their minds. Since I am a Human, those are valid concepts to me. Are you in your full Lotus position, as you type this???just funnin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
In the end, mother nature always wins. So does the original question really matter? The swine flu, mutating might just be mother nature's way to even the score. If not this time, another will soon come. When things get out of balance, she always punches back.
My post was not about People. It was about doing anything to help the Planet. ---Most people seem to be of the belief that the planet is here to help People. When actually, The reverse is true.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:14 PM

26 posts, read 22,843 times
For all of our so-called advances, mankind has been like a cancer to this planet. We have really done nothing but multiply, kill, destroy and pollute. Call it cynical, but it's the truth.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
What about inventing agriculture hereby giving millions of birds a place to eat when they fly south? how about saving endangered species such as the bald eagle? When about hunting via permits to prevent animals from overpopulating? When about the many animal rescue groups worldwide?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:25 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones100 View Post
For all of our so-called advances, mankind has been like a cancer to this planet. We have really done nothing but multiply, kill, destroy and pollute. Call it cynical, but it's the truth.
Wow. I guess nihilism and existentialism are alive and well.

Okay, maybe just alive. Saying they are "well" is kind of a contradictory statement.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
What about inventing agriculture hereby giving millions of birds a place to eat when they fly south? how about saving endangered species such as the bald eagle? When about hunting via permits to prevent animals from overpopulating? When about the many animal rescue groups worldwide?
How about all the species we've forced into extinction, or almost extinction and all the natural forests we've destroyed? How about the pollution we've unleashed on this planet, causing global warming and all sorts of problems?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
How about all the species we've forced into extinction, or almost extinction and all the natural forests we've destroyed? How about the pollution we've unleashed on this planet, causing global warming and all sorts of problems?
Hey I'm trying MMMMMKAY? We came out of nature the same way all other life did and we are smarter. People forget we are a PART of nature and are the way we are for a reason. Man is part of the ecosystem

Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
the Matrix??

Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe some one else invented trees and plants, quite a few years back. We just plant them in neat rows. ---I get kick out out of humans deciding when another species is "overpopulating", and needs to be thinned for their own good.. But don't much like the idea of practicing what they preach, when cities become overpopulated.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
the Matrix??
The first Matrix movie was awesome, but the 2 sequels were a big pile of junk and a major disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates