Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
These days there is an American Me Culture. Simple as that, and it includes about everyone willing to drop into the idea of fast.

The Story:

Several years back going to a wedding in Ct, my wife and I driving on I-90 west bound, came to be in stop and go traffic for 40 miles and no way off.

I never saw what the cause was, it was beyond the first exit some 40 miles away.

People in cars were cutting each other off for 6 inches of road, and getting out to fist fight in it. I spent a lot of time sitting on the guardrails to watch and had a hand near my pistol.

Alot of others cut me off when it came time to move a few feet, so many times I just left my car where it was.

Had someone got evil with me they would indeed be in need of a road side marker today.

Because i carry, I can not allow my self the pleasure of stuffin some jerks teeth down to his other mouth, and I can not allow anger to be any part of me, for driving a car, and worse riding a motorcycle.

Jamming with me is a great way to not see tomorrow.

When driving I let the hot heads pass, which is fine by me, let them go bother another, but when they want me, the game gets different, because i will stop. This is time for you to leave if you have any sence. I still won't be angery, but will put you in a hospital.

I find no fault with JB at all, other than maybe he should have stopped right away.

AHH, but after we made the turn, as I knew he surely must have been in a hurry, I pulled over to the right lane to allow him to pass on the left, at which point he pulled up even with us and started making hand gestures and waving me over, and speeding up to get in front of me and stop me in traffic, etc.

For you, Omaha... when he honked, I rolled down my window, and POINTED to the ambulance heading our way. Surely if he interpreted that as a gesture of malice, then I believe HE has the issue, not me. However I was forced to deal with his issue. You can believe whatever you wish, but if you were in my car, you would know the truth, otherwise, quit trying to dissect a situation of which you were NOT a witness. And please, quit calling me a liar, it is quite rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
AHH, but after we made the turn, as I knew he surely must have been in a hurry, I pulled over to the right lane to allow him to pass on the left, at which point he pulled up even with us and started making hand gestures and waving me over, and speeding up to get in front of me and stop me in traffic, etc.

For you, Omaha... when he honked, I rolled down my window, and POINTED to the ambulance heading our way. Surely if he interpreted that as a gesture of malice, then I believe HE has the issue, not me. However I was forced to deal with his issue. You can believe whatever you wish, but if you were in my car, you would know the truth, otherwise, quit trying to dissect a situation of which you were NOT a witness. And please, quit calling me a liar, it is quite rude.
Like I said, it takes two to tango.

Very rarely, if ever, does road rage involve only one person.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 AM

Right, and where's the two tangoing? Ahh that's right, you and your empty assumptions once again, no worries though, you can keep displacing blame for something that I didn't do onto me, I realize it's just part of your nature to have to be right.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:

Jb Mallory wrote:

Quote:
Namely hispanic (in this case, puerto rican) young men?

I have noticed a trend lately, and it's a shame we feel like we are the minority here now. Young, puerto rican males in their sports cars, and road rage.
I wonder what that has to do with anything? Is this (road rage) a behavioral trait exclusive to those in the Puerto Rican community? Not in the least bit.

When you reference a group and stereotype them in order to emphasize your argument, well, that said argument loses credibility with me.

True..They were jerks, but jerks come in all colors, ethnicities and nationalities.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM

It loses credibility because I laid out all the facts? Sure, that makes sense. When the police do a report, they put down that someone is hispanic, or black, or white. Do they lose credibility with you? Is everyone supposed to base what they say or type around what makes you offer up credibility? I was making a statement, a very clear one that I have noticed this trend. I didn't say, those dirty puerto rican's, i didn't call them any of the other racial, derogatory terms. Sorry you are so sensitive to an ethnicity being stated. I prefer to tell a complete story, rather than bits and pieces. Call it creative writing, call it racist, call it whatever, I didn't do it to please you. I did it to put forth as many of the facts as possible.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 AM

324 posts, read 573,728 times
Quote:
It loses credibility because I laid out all the facts? Sure, that makes sense. When the police do a report, they put down that someone is hispanic, or black, or white. Do they lose credibility with you? Is everyone supposed to base what they say or type around what makes you offer up credibility? I was making a statement, a very clear one that I have noticed this trend. I didn't say, those dirty puerto rican's, i didn't call them any of the other racial, derogatory terms. Sorry you are so sensitive to an ethnicity being stated. I prefer to tell a complete story, rather than bits and pieces. Call it creative writing, call it racist, call it whatever, I didn't do it to please you. I did it to put forth as many of the facts as possible.
It's all right if you mention info like the race/ethnicity of the person involved in your story. People either find it usuful, or if they don't, then they just ignore it. Those who start question that, and/or accuse you of being a racist because of it are victims of political correctness. You can only feel sorry for them.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Mmh. I see jerks with road rage all the time and and it never cross my mind to associate their behaviour with their race. I guess I'm just not racist.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Right, and where's the two tangoing? Ahh that's right, you and your empty assumptions once again, no worries though, you can keep displacing blame for something that I didn't do onto me, I realize it's just part of your nature to have to be right.
Did some Puerto Rican kid force you to drive 86 mph?

Give me a break. I'm not stupid, nor am I gullible.

Some punk got mad, honked, flipped you off and was riding your butt. You lost your cool and joined the rage. It happens all the time.

Did he start it? Yeah, no doubt. Did you end it? Absolutely not. You engaged in it and made matters worse. In fact, you're still so hot about it that you're spouting off on this forum, bragging about how if you'd had your gun with you everything would have been different.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
This morning coming to work, I got passed on the right (in the bike lane...) by a douchebag in a lifted truck.

Since he had to drive half on, half off the road to get around me (and the 40+ other people in line who make the commute into town on a two lane stretch of road..) he peppered my boyfriends car with rocks and pitted the front of the car he bought just last Friday.

We got the license plate, took a video of him doing it (thank goodness for camera phones ) and will be forwarding it to the police department. Who knows if it will do anything, but to pull a gun on someone doing something stupid doesn't help. Funny thing was, we ended up passing him later on because he got caught behind a van...so he didn't get to his destination any quicker, but pissed off a lot of people in the process.

People are douchebags, regardless of race, age, gender, or anything else for that matter.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Did some Puerto Rican kid force you to drive 86 mph?

Give me a break. I'm not stupid, nor am I gullible.

Some punk got mad, honked, flipped you off and was riding your butt. You lost your cool and joined the rage. It happens all the time.

Did he start it? Yeah, no doubt. Did you end it? Absolutely not. You engaged in it and made matters worse. In fact, you're still so hot about it that you're spouting off on this forum, bragging about how if you'd had your gun with you everything would have been different.

I never said you were gullible, ignorant is a definite possibility. You may not comprehend my original post, so I'll explain it one more time, just so YOU can spout off again.

He pulled up next to me, tried to entice me to pull off, tried to force me off the road, tried to pull in front of me to stop me. I'm also certain that I did my best to protect my family in the situation, and by evading his attempts, he was not able to do any harm to myself or my children or wife. I'm fairly certain that you can comprehend what I just typed, but will continue to ignore the facts I stated, in order to accomplish your agenda of trying to make me appear a liar and a scumbag. Have no fear, you are doing a great job of making yourself look more ignorant by the post.

In fact, I'm not still hot about it. It's in the past. The fact that people like you keep poking at me, calling me a liar is what bothers me. Once again, YOU were NOT present, so you DO NOT know the facts that you assume you know, and keep presenting your opinions of what may or may not have happened as facts, now, kindly leave this thread alone if you have nothing constructive to say. Either way, I will now ignore you so I don't have to submit myself to your ramblings and blind accusations. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates