Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
he seems like the type who thinks reparations will solve everything.
I am the type who believes that TRUTH is the key to solving everything. The problem with that assumption is that it assumes people are seeking the truth and righteousness and ignores that people are highly vested in their ignorance because it defends their phony status. White people want to see themselves as SUPREME. Its serves the ego, subconciously if not concsciously, to belong to the SUPERIOR group. It makes you feel special, powerful and more favored in the eyes of nature...and hence the "most high", as he "Blessed" with with this "Gift". White don't have to go around shouting and annoucing their beliefs in their supremacy, for all they have to do is constantly point out the inferiority of others. "look at those lazy black people"! "Look at those irresponsible black people"! "Look at those violent black people"! "Look at those bad choice making black people"....and on and on. What they are really saying in those observation is that...."Look at our supremacy"! "Look at how much better we are than you"! "Look how civilized we are"! "Your problems don't have anything to do with the history of what others have done to you, for if it did, that would mean that our supremacy over you is artificial and that the only reason that we do better than you is because of the way you were mistreated"! Well.....I can't imagine that whites want to give up their ego tripping of supremacy. Think about it. If black inequality today is the result of white oppression....the psychological ramification are tremendous. They have to look at their status in a whole new light. It would be discredited. WHich is why whites, as a general rule, must continue to see blacks as inferior. Your status (Supremacy) would then be like a phony diploma that you really did not EARN.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-23-2010 at 07:45 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well….well read people are not intimidated by a few paragraphs. It’s only when what one is reading is something that they do not really want to hear…..that it subjectively becomes verbose. I don’t believe in brevity on a subject matter like this because I try to eliminate all avenues to misrepresent or misunderstand what I am trying to say and what needs to be said.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Winston Churchill (arguably)

I have never argued that it is ok to be a racist. The point I have been making is that there is a distinction with a difference between what is referred to as black racism vs. what is referred to as white racism to the degree that there should be separate terms. I don’t dignify using the same term to describe different phenomenon.

His is Webster’s definition of racism online:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac•ist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective

Now, what has oppressed black people is the combination of 1 and 2. One created the rationalization for 2, for a supposed “Christian” society. That is what racism means when applied to whites. Now, due to the fact of the way white’s mistreated blacks, blacks have been conditioned to prejudge whites as harboring negative thoughts about black people. In other words, as a REACTION to white racism it created a lot of prejudgment in blacks in regards to whites.

We are all prejudice and we all discriminate as humans. That is what a wash is and it is ugly and wrong. However, it’s differentiated by degrees. Black people are prejudice and discriminate, because we are human. However, what racism truly is a belief in racial supremacy, as the first definition articulates and that is as the root of white racism and what seperates your prejudice from our reaction to your prejudice and supremacy propoganda.
I've tried to have a reasoned discussion with you and consider your points and in your first sentence you respond with an insult. Then you quote Churchill (ironically a huge racist lmao) and STILL refuse to address my challenge that people come to the US and learn racism here.

I've grown weary of your dishonesty and rationalization of hate and am done wasting time on your chest puffing pontifications.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've tried to have a reasoned discussion with you and consider your points and in your first sentence you respond with an insult. Then you quote Churchill (ironically a huge racist lmao) and STILL refuse to address my challenge that people come to the US and learn racism here.

I've grown weary of your dishonesty and rationalization of hate and am done wasting time on your chest puffing pontifications.
LOL……please…..you are simply looking for an exit strategy to bow out without losing face. You must think I am not a student of human nature and do not understand what you are trying to set up here (a graceful exit without having to admit you were wrong about anything). I hardly insulted you and you were hardly insulted...lol….so cut the crap……ok?

What was the fallacy in quoting Churchill? I stated that young adults often change their views as they become older….becoming more conservative….and racist, by intent or effect.

I never said that the ONLY place people learn racism is when they come to the US. When people come to the US who doesn’t know the history of America, they just observe black people with no background information as to why they are in the condition they are in or why they behave as they do. The get the explanation to their observations filled in by the dominate culture of white folks, which has a historical racist explanation for our condition and behavior. Now, Hollywood has spread movies around the globe and they could learn about black people from Hollywood. There are even many Africans who come to America and think negatively about African Americans….they have even told me so. I asked them what made them think that way and they told me it was from watching American Movies…..lol. Then I told them that a lot of black Americans think that they live in bushes running around naked and starving. They asked were that perception came from and I told them it was from American media too…..lol.

You are not weary of my dishonesty because I have not presented any dishonesty. You’re weary of HONESTY and being on the wrong side of it. Have fun in the darkness of the others who have rationalized an exit strategy from this debate. Better to run away and live to be ignorant yet another day.....huh? Beats enlightenment....I guess

Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
I'm going to go with a few final thoughts on the original question.

There is a kind of social taboo against anything that is seen as specifically "white folks". Like I've said, you can look up "black clubs" on an internet search and there will be pages of social organizations for African Americans. Do a search on "white clubs" and you'll see things like white-painted golf clubs that are being sold. Almost nothing on specifically white-oriented organizations. I think that same mentality sort of spills over when asked, What's wrong with a white-majority city?

If the question were, What's wrong with a black-majority city? I think responses would be different. First, you'd have to ignore the replies that have to do with civic problems. The question is more philosophical in nature.

Anyway, my reply would be the same regardless of the make-up of the city. If there are historical reasons why it is majority black, then okay. If it's about avoiding other ethnicities, then there lies a problem (or perhaps more a symptom of a problem). But I think if the question were about majority-black cities, there'd be less objection based on a "lack of diversity" when compared to a majoirty-white city. This despite the fact that there would not necessarily be more diversity in a majority-black city.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM

446 posts, read 831,478 times
Quote:
People bow out of debates because they either don't have the time, they don't have the intelligence or they don't have a valid argument. I am sure you are guilty of at least 2 out of the 3.

Don't provide me with links of other peoples opinion. That is intellectual welfare. Instead responding to Bill Cosby I will instead counter him with a link from a white man to support me, just like you went to find a black guy to support you (see how that works)

Tim Wise - Racism, White Denial & the Cost of Inequality - part 2

This is Your Nation on White Privilege (Updated) | Red Room

Come back when you want to debate with me based upon our individual knowlege and understanding.
I debate reasonable, intelligent people who don't shoot off insults just because they were proved WRONG!

You don't like it I showed you how a BLACK MAN thinks. I'm NOT a black man. I'm a white woman....I gave you my opinion, and I have nothing more to say.

You're like the bully on the playground....but in this case you try to get the last word by tossing petty insults.

Keep talking, you are the one losing the argument and making yourself look bad.

Frankly, your novels are much too time consuming, especially when they basically reiterate what you say, er, whine.

If you want an opinion, check out the several from a man who is your peer...Bill Cosby. A fine, upstanding man who speaks the truth even though it makes a lot of people of his race angry at him.

::shrug::

ps...ya know, people who talk down to others, toss insults about like you do when backed into a corner, etc., are basically nothing but cowards. You have plenty of names for those of us who are weary of trying to have a discussion with you because your childlike behavior gets in the way of intelligent banter. Calling some a racist, unintelligent, etc. making yourself sound SO superior to others only proves that you are really nothing more than a typical, INSECURE troll. One who backs up what they say with name calling, etc., AND gets away with it. Amazing to me the moderators have not done a THING to you for calling me, and others racist, not to mention the other names and personal attacks.

YOU can't have a conversation without stooping to such behavior and I have no desire to discuss anything with you....talking to you is about as exciting as watching the paint dry on my walls.

Call me what you wish, give your false reasons for my backing out of this conversation with you. I prefer to have ADULT conversations/debates with people who don't act like children when trying to make a point.

You do yourself a great disservice when you post because you do make some valid points, yet they are lost because of the way you conduct yourself.

Have a great day........

Last edited by sandyrn0224; 04-23-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
I debate reasonable, intelligent people who don't shoot off insults just because they were proved WRONG!

You don't like it I showed you how a BLACK MAN thinks. I'm NOT a black man. I'm a white woman....I gave you my opinion, and I have nothing more to say.

You're like the bully on the playground....but in this case you try to get the last word by tossing petty insults.

Keep talking, you are the one losing the argument and making yourself look bad.

Frankly, your novels are much too time consuming, especially when they basically reiterate what you say, er, whine.

If you want an opinion, check out the several from a man who is your peer...Bill Cosby. A fine, upstanding man who speaks the truth even though it makes a lot of people of his race angry at him.

::shrug::
you guys are to funny.....I have Bill Cosby writtings and videos....along with a lot of of others. However, you obviously are too much of a coward to have watched the video of your "White Peer" Tim Wise. I bet you never even heard of him......LOL.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 PM

446 posts, read 831,478 times
Quote:
you guys are to funny.....I have Bill Cosby writtings and videos....along with a lot of of others. However, you obviously are too much of a coward to have watched the video of your "White Peer" Tim Wise. I bet you never even heard of him......LOL.
There you go again...the more you speak, the worse you look......and what's FUNNY is that you don't realize how ridiculous you look when you resort to name calling, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my status above says it all....lol

ps...and no, I didn't look at your link because "frankly my dear, I don't give a d*mn"....................

Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

If anyone wants to see a classic case of what in psychology is known as "projecting"....MathGuy is a good example. In his quest not to get "Pawned" a term I borrowed from him....lol, he needed an exit strategy to save face. Thus.....he took my first sentence and said that I was insulting him. He claims that my alleged insult of him soured his desire to debate and because he seeks reasonable debates without insult.

Here is that paragraph that contains the alleged insult:

Well….well read people are not intimidated by a few paragraphs. It’s only when what one is reading is something that they do not really want to hear…..that it subjectively becomes verbose. I don’t believe in brevity on a subject matter like this because I try to eliminate all avenues to misrepresent or misunderstand what I am trying to say and what needs to be said.

That, in his opinion, discredits my intentions which makes debate with me unworthy. Yet.....yet....Yet.....In the topic about Iran and Nukes, he insults another poster in 3 different threads by calling him a liar...lol....in another post in the same topic he said he was "grinding" this poster...lol
Here are the threads:

[SIZE=3]https://www.city-data.com/forum/13835931-post12.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]https://www.city-data.com/forum/13838281-post18.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]https://www.city-data.com/forum/13838281-post18.html[/SIZE]

Yet.....I am to believe that my alleged insult of him....is why he no longer will dignify me with a response.....lol. That is an example of how phony many of you are......lol.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
There you go again...the more you speak, the worse you look......and what's FUNNY is that you don't realize how ridiculous you look when you resort to name calling, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my status above says it all....lol

ps...and no, I didn't look at your link because "frankly my dear, I don't give a d*mn"....................
Ohhh....so you provided a link....hoping someone would give a damn and elighten themselves...but you would not follow a link that I provided enlightenment in response....lol. Now who is demonstrating a CLOSED MIND ( a key trait of racism)? You want others to look at what you present....but will not look at what they present! I am going to make myself look bad again by repeating what I said....YOU ARE A COWARD!!! The reason that you don't give a damn is because you are a COWARD who is afraid that you might hear something that you don't want to hear....FROM A WHITE GUY...lol. You don't give a damn.....just like your parents did not give a damn. Berries don't fall too far from the bush....lol.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-23-2010 at 06:19 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 10:47 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
I never said that the ONLY place people learn racism is when they come to the US.

Quote:
...Koreans, Japanese’s, East Indians, as well as, many other immigrants, come to America and assimilate and adopt the racism against black people.

Liar. Fraud. Racist. Pwned. Ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.