Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcheese View Post
You are LAME, you know that? It makes you sound like a 5 year old. Get a life.
How dare you make fun of people who are unable to walk! Perhaps your legs will get chopped off in a lawnmower accident and we'll see how funny it is. I had a fifth cousin who couldn't walk. And there was a lady down the street, too. She was my uncle's friend's brother's friend.

Not only that, but you also make fun of '5 year olds.' How do you think that makes a 5 year old feel? Would you scar their precious, impressionable little minds for life? In addition, you take a swing at dead people, inferring that they somehow would be bettered if they were suddenly alive. Are they second-class in your eyes simply because they are dead?

Your comments are hurtful, venomous, wholly inappropriate, intolerable, insensitive, and have no place in our Society of Enlightened Walking PC Zombies (Sorry, I have no intension of belittling zombies; they are fine creatures for what they are—slur retracted, my bad). I am damned tempted to call you a loser, but I wouldn’t want to disparage a person simply because he/she has never won or is unable to lead a successful life. So I won't call you anything. I'll just sit here mute... like everyone else should. (no offense against those who cannot talk for reasons other than PC)

Last edited by ChrisC; 04-16-2010 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
How dare you make fun of people who are unable to walk! Perhaps your legs will get chopped off in a lawnmower accident and we'll see how funny it is.
Heckuva big lawn mower.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
How dare you make fun of people who are unable to walk! Perhaps your legs will get chopped off in a lawnmower accident and we'll see how funny it is. I had a fifth cousin who couldn't walk. And there was a lady down the street, too. She was my uncle's friend's brother's friend.

Not only that, but you also make fun of '5 year olds.' How do you think that makes a 5 year old feel? Would you scar their precious, impressionable little minds for life? In addition, you take a swing at dead people, inferring that they somehow would be bettered if they were suddenly alive. Are they second-class in your eyes simply because they are dead?

Your comments are hurtful, venomous, wholly inappropriate, intolerable, insensitive, and have no place in our Society of Enlightened Walking PC Zombies (Sorry, I have no intension of belittling zombies; they are fine creatures for what they are—slur retracted, my bad). I am damned tempted to call you a loser, but I wouldn’t want to disparage a person simply because he/she has never won or is unable to lead a successful life. So I won't call you anything. I'll just sit here mute... like everyone else should. (no offense against those who cannot talk for reasons other than PC)
My father lost both his legs just below the knee in WWII.

He was the only guy on the block with a big ride-around lawnmower when we were kids. Of course, there was no danger except to the prosthetics.

So, I had a LAME father and a RETARDED aunt!

Both are gone now, but Dad left us with a lifetime supply of artificial legs for front-porch Halloween decorations.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My father lost both his legs just below the knee in WWII.

He was the only guy on the block with a big ride-around lawnmower when we were kids. Of course, there was no danger except to the prosthetics.

So, I had a LAME father and a RETARDED aunt!

Both are gone now, but Dad left us with a lifetime supply of artificial legs for front-porch Halloween decorations.
But did he leave you one of THESE?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:45 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No, but I bet I could make one out of one of his legs! The foot wasn't shaped for high heels, though.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Loved that movie! I thought about buying the DVD, but they have the marathon on TBS starting on Christmas Eve, and ending at Midnight on Christmas.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, but I bet I could make one out of one of his legs! The foot wasn't shaped for high heels, though.
Fraa-zhee-lay. Fraa-zhee-lay.

I think it's French!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Adults Who Use "Retarded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcheese View Post
You are LAME, you know that? It makes you sound like a 5 year old. Get a life.
Actually, I have seen quite a few of those in the last few years. The word is largely being used out of context. Kind of a disturbing trend, isn't it??

Old 04-17-2010, 08:44 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
I have crossed out all instances of "ritard" in my music and wrote in "tempo-challenged."

Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I think the issue is that "retarded" is used as a synonym for "stupid" or "lazy". It literally means "slow" or "delayed". I'm sure those of you with relatives with Down Syndrome or other mental challenges would object to them being called "stupid idiots."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates