Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,705,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
With his abject contempt for and utter dismissal of anything that might be explained in a textbook or a lecture, that he had not personally seen himself, it is highly doubtful that he would have passed any course above the junior high school level. How in the world would he have ever grasped organic chemistry, without seeing those atoms at the corners of the hexagons with his very eyes. Or world history, without being right up there in the Alps with Hannibal's elephants.
The heck. Writing your autobiography?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 PM

355 posts, read 616,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Just be careful what you wish for as God may grant your request. If people would quit wasting their time defending or rationalizing this issue the Church is experiencing and spend that time serving the Lord you would be better served. Remember Peter at the Garden of Gethsemane when he cut the ear off one of the men arresting Jesus. Then Peter's denial of Jesus. Do we defend the Church and God now only to deny God when called to testify. No spend your time not engaging such trivial matters of man.

Just move down the pew and welcome those without sin that would throw the first stone.
AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FUUUURIOUS ANGER!!!
Seriously, man could you develop on this with a bit less of religious examples? I am not sure i am following you here

Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 PM

355 posts, read 616,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
The heck. Writing your autobiography?

ROFLMAO

Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FUUUURIOUS ANGER!!!
Seriously, man could you develop on this with a bit less of religious examples? I am not sure i am following you here
LMAO. really? you think it was over the top? What better thread for religious allegorical rhetoric? Great movie by the way I loved that diner scene. However obnoxious I believe the OP to be I agree the Church needs a cleansing and to drop the tax exempt status. Then It can give the finger to the IRS and preach political morality from the pulpit.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you".

YEAH BABY.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 PM

^ So you're saying that God sounds like Samuel Jackson? Hmmm... For some reason I'm not surprised.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
^ So you're saying that God sounds like Samuel Jackson? Hmmm... For some reason I'm not surprised.
Old Testament yeah why not?

New Testament I like Sarah Palin. LOL.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,529,061 times
Sarah Palin is as hypocritical as the Catholic Church. She was so busy preaching that other teens should abstain from sex that she didn't take care of business at home and her own little **** got preggers. Then she made believe it was a serious realtionship -once the vote was cast the guy took off. I knew it would happen.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Sarah Palin is as hypocritical as the Catholic Church. She was so busy preaching that other teens should abstain from sex that she didn't take care of business at home and her own little **** got preggers. Then she made believe it was a serious realtionship -once the vote was cast the guy took off. I knew it would happen.
Hypocritical chip-on-the-shoulder much?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
LOL I knew the Palin comment would draw you backout.

Also I wonder what word "****" could be?

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 04-21-2010 at 02:42 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,529,061 times
anyway back to the original subject - looks like another Bishop was busted yesterday-when will it stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.