Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,321,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
Show me some Reliable sources that show their is a LOT of pressure from the public to get rid of plastic water bottles.. their has been nothing on the News in newspapers or TV or magazines or anything that iv heard of. Maybe their is this "secret" plastic bottle hating society i dont know of lol?

You are still here? You said subject closed, didnt you? I tell you what, I will let you do all the research, that way I won't have too since I already KNOW IT! lol... You are the one that wants convincing of an issue. I just want MY CAN, GIVE US THE CAN MAN! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM

112 posts, read 140,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
You are still here? You said subject closed, didnt you? I tell you what, I will let you do all the research, that way I won't have too since I already KNOW IT! lol... You are the one that wants convincing of an issue. I just want MY CAN, GIVE US THE CAN MAN! LOL

haha fair enough if you want your water in a can but i think your in a huge Minority you might get SOME water in cans in some PLACES but its not going to replace water bottles completely its just never going to happen dude xD

Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
haha fair enough if you want your water in a can but i think your in a huge Minority you might get SOME water in cans in some PLACES but its not going to replace water bottles completely its just never going to happen dude xD
Time will tell Davey'ole boyy...and...it's DUDETTE! LOL

Old 04-19-2010, 06:56 PM

61,741 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
No one wants to replace water bottles, Daveyboyy. Some of us just want an equal opportunity for the discriminated water: if soda (or beer or juice) is sold in bottles and cans, we want water to be sold in bottles and cans.
That's all! Isn't that a simple wish?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:24 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
Gee, did you give up all items in plastic? You should!

We are saying..they need to change the package! That is the debate..the "stupidity" of just saying..Stop drinking the water all together just because it is in a portable source (ie plastic bottle) that can be sold is the issue. Selling of purified water is AWESOME...just CHANGE THE VESSEL IN WHICH IT IS SOLD...Be it a carton or a can for all I care...just keep selling it!
The author of the blog I cited argues that bottled water is a scam and a ripoff. His claim is that bottled water (no matter what the container) is not closely regulated and could easily be from someone else's tap. Why should anyone pay ridiculous amounts for something that is practically free at home? If you are certain of the water source and you are willing to pay for it, that's different, but how would you know for sure?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
The author of the blog I cited argues that bottled water is a scam and a ripoff. His claim is that bottled water (no matter what the container) is not closely regulated and could easily be from someone else's tap. Why should anyone pay ridiculous amounts for something that is practically free at home? If you are certain of the water source and you are willing to pay for it, that's different, but how would you know for sure?
You might be right, but this is NOT a topic of THIS thread.
You are welcome to start a new thread about quality of bottled water or the ripoff and scam of it.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You might be right, but this is NOT a topic of THIS thread.
You are welcome to start a new thread about quality of bottled water or the ripoff and scam of it.
No, that's okay. I believe one thing that was implied on this thread was that when buying packaged water, people expect purified water. I was just trying to point out that even if water came in a can, it might be crap. If people want to buy it, then they are free to do so.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,170,447 times
If I were out and about and wanted purified water, I think I'd like to have canned water in the vending machines. I can recall a time when I drank purified water out of a plastic jug that I had bought around a week before.

The water tasted like what I imagined the jug itself tasted like were I to chew it.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
If I were out and about and wanted purified water, I think I'd like to have canned water in the vending machines. I can recall a time when I drank purified water out of a plastic jug that I had bought around a week before.

The water tasted like what I imagined the jug itself tasted like were I to chew it.

It would be really nice to have all kind of water ... canned. Like spring/purified/mineral and sparkling, with lemon/lime/orange/.../ or just plain

Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 AM

[/quote]
Originally Posted by reloop

FINALLY..someone who COMPREHENDS the thread along with the other what, there may be... FOUR of us now out of all these posts since I began this thread that understand the issue? LOL

CANS, CANS, CANS...WE WANT OUR CANS MAN!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates