Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times

Advertisements

May all this big to do has really been about something after all. With more than 90% of Americans wanting their food labeled (they finally had to identify the ingredients and nutritional values) even the federal government can no longer hide behind the lobbyists' clout and avoid the reality of labeling.

The Mellman Group survey released Tuesday said based on a polling of 1,000 voters last month, about 91 percent support labeling of GMO foods while 5 percent oppose such a move. Support was nearly equal among Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

Consumer groups demand GMO labeling, question food safety.

Chicago Tribune

Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
May all this big to do has really been about something after all. With more than 90% of Americans wanting their food labeled (they finally had to identify the ingredients and nutritional values) even the federal government can no longer hide behind the lobbyists' clout and avoid the reality of labeling.

The Mellman Group survey released Tuesday said based on a polling of 1,000 voters last month, about 91 percent support labeling of GMO foods while 5 percent oppose such a move. Support was nearly equal among Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

Consumer groups demand GMO labeling, question food safety.

Chicago Tribune
how many times are you going to post yet another story about labeling while ignoring all responses to your posts?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM

I find new information very refreshing. For those who are truly interested, feel free to explore other resources and by all means verify what has been shared.

I will say I believe some of the responses have been very enlightening, while others are just designed to elicit negative rebuttals to which I have no desire to play that game with the alumni. I appreciate the fact so many people are interested enough in the subject to investigate the information being shared and will be mature enough to debate the issues without insults, taunts, or out right denying the truth based on the fact it has not been aired on FUX News with Sean Hannity.

From the mouth of babes...

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 03-28-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 06:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
I find new information very refreshing. For those who are truly interested, feel free to explore other resources and by all means verify what has been shared.
if you find new information so refreshing, why don't you post some?
virtually every time i attempt to verify what you have 'shared,' i find your sources so hilarious that they stagger the imagination. i critique them. you ignore that, and blunder blindly on.

Quote:
I will say I believe some of the responses have been very enlightening, while others are just designed to elicit negative rebuttals
translation of 'negative rebuttals:' points you either cannot or will not respond to.

Quote:
to which I have no desire to play that game with the alumni.
who are 'the alumni'? yep, this is the fourth or fifth time i have asked. you are, as usual, unable to respond.

Quote:
I appreciate the fact so many people are interested enough in the subject to investigate the information being shared

hilarious. you don't appreciate any investigation whatsoever, because those who actually do investigate inevitably tear giant holes in virtually everything you post.

Quote:
and will be mature enough to debate the issues without insults, taunts, or out right denying the truth based on the fact it has not been aired on FUX News with Sean Hannity.
thanks for the belly laugh. for you, of all people, to claim that you actually want to debate anything is the height of ludicrousness.

what does FUX news [whatever that is] or sean hannity have to do with anything? i have yet to see anyone mention a single thing they have to say on this topic.

From the mouth of babes...[/quote]

..comes parentally-fed babble.

why on earth would you so readily endorse anything a child has to say on a rather technical topic?
particulary when the child is so clearly reading [rather badly] something that their granola mom wrote, and has no comprehension whatsoever of what they're reading?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM

50 years of DIOXINS. Monsanto is buying approval and selling the AMERICAN (because no other country is buying their rhetoric) what amounts to tainted food and toxic run off into our environment. And the alumni support it for he sake of a few dead presidents,,,

PCBs, Agent Orange, dioxin, GMO, Aspartame, growth hormones, herbicides (Lasso and Roundup) ... a number of products that have made ​​the fortune of Monsanto, have been marred by health scandals and trials sometimes leading to their prohibition. But nothing has so far hindered the irresistible rise of this former chemical giant who converted back to biogenetics and has mastered the art of lobbying. Portrait of a multinational multi-recidivist.

Monsanto, Half-Century of Health Scandals

It don't matter who publishes the news--What matters IS IT TRUE?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM

3,974 posts, read 5,168,599 times
Ah, Monsanto. If there is a group of people who deserve eternal damnation, it's the folks running Monsanto.

Here's a documentary about Monsanto. It's worth the hour and forty five minutes of your time.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,372,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Ah, Monsanto. If there is a group of people who deserve eternal damnation, it's the folks running Monsanto.

Here's a documentary about Monsanto. It's worth the hour and forty five minutes of your time.
I highly doubt it.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Monsanto has enough money that they can threaten to sue an entire state just to get its agenda passed.

Despite overwhelming public support and support from a clear majority of Vermont’s Agriculture Committee, Vermont legislators are dragging their feet on a proposed GMO labeling bill. Why? Because Monsanto has threatened to sue the state if the bill passes.

Monsanto threatens to sue Vermont

Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 PM

753 posts, read 843,474 times
Quote:
Monsanto has enough money that they can threaten to sue an entire state just to get its agenda passed.

Despite overwhelming public support and support from a clear majority of Vermont’s Agriculture Committee, Vermont legislators are dragging their feet on a proposed GMO labeling bill. Why? Because Monsanto has threatened to sue the state if the bill passes.

Monsanto threatens to sue Vermont
When it's all said and done, and it will be, Monsanto will go down as one of most evil corporations/organizations of our modern times.

They have violated the public's trust (through potentially killing thousands from cancer and trespassed their product on our land), terrorized farmers and now governments. I hope the voters of California blow the doors off of this thing and that Vermont grows a pair. They have been on the forefront of much of the progress in this country. Don't stop now!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto
http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/s...ort-shows.html

Last edited by PcolaFLGuy; 04-05-2012 at 12:12 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 AM

I once read that FROGS were considered a SENTINEL SPECIES. Just thought this had to be shared. Seems the frogs are experiencing bizarre effects from some of Monsanto's poisonous creations.

Importantly, Relyea stresses that what's likely causing the problem isn't Roundup's active ingredient, glyphosate, but rather the surfactant Monsanto uses to penetrate plant tissues so that glyphosate can effectively kill weeds.

Frogs May See Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide As a Predator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living