Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

I know some of us would prefer to buy a metal water bottle not made in China for any number of reasons. And most people would like to support U.S. businesses.
I get promotion emails from a local outdoor adventure store and they are carrying a new product - a metal water bottle made in the US!
Liberty Bottle Works in the Pacific NW

Liberty Bottle Works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Thanks for sharing. For some reason I thought Nalgene was also made in the USA. I bought the BPA-free one of Nalgene over the Camelback bottle because the Camelback was made in China. Am I confused or was your point just about the bottle beinng the only metal one made in the USA?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I keep being tempted to buy one of those metal water bottles but I've had one before and it made water taste really funny.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
I like the stainless steel water bottles ~~ I bought these:

https://www.ecousable.com/

Made in the USA also.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I like the stainless steel water bottles ~~ I bought these:

https://www.ecousable.com/

Made in the USA also.
I'm not seeing anything on the website that states the ecousable stainless bottles are Made in the USA. Please show me where that information comes from. Thank you.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Their site ~~

The Business of EcoUsable

Today EcoUsable® is based in the very green Manhattan Beach where we work as a small, close-knit team to continue our mission of inspiring and enabling individuals to enjoy better health and an improved environment. We're passionately committed to offering you affordable, safe, planet-friendly, one-of-a-kind products that are innovative, reusable and recyclable. We make them look as good as they work so you'll take and use it everywhere you go .
EcoUsable® products are now sold in over 1,500 retailers nationwide, including Bristol Farms, Whole Foods, Gelson's, Tilly’s and Vitamin Shoppe. Our bottles are available on our web site store and from many great on-line partners like Amazon.com, Solutions Catalog and Get'NGreen.com
In addition to retail sales, EcoUsable® Custom Bottle Division is growing exponentially as corporations, schools, sports teams and entertainment industry buyers look for sustainable promotional items that add value to peoples' lives and visibly demonstrate their commitment to a greener environment. We're excited to see custom water bottles rapidly become the #1 promotional item on the market replacing the typical hats and t-shirts.
We're proud to say our custom clients include 20th Century Fox, Quiksilver, NBC/Universal, EA Sports, Waste Management, NRDC, Salvation Army, New York University, Honda, GUESS and musical artist, Jack Johnson.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Their site ~~

The Business of EcoUsable

Today EcoUsable® is based in the very green Manhattan Beach where we work as a small, close-knit team to continue our mission of inspiring and enabling individuals to enjoy better health and an improved environment. We're passionately committed to offering you affordable, safe, planet-friendly, one-of-a-kind products that are innovative, reusable and recyclable. We make them look as good as they work so you'll take and use it everywhere you go .
EcoUsable® products are now sold in over 1,500 retailers nationwide, including Bristol Farms, Whole Foods, Gelson's, Tilly’s and Vitamin Shoppe. Our bottles are available on our web site store and from many great on-line partners like Amazon.com, Solutions Catalog and Get'NGreen.com
In addition to retail sales, EcoUsable® Custom Bottle Division is growing exponentially as corporations, schools, sports teams and entertainment industry buyers look for sustainable promotional items that add value to peoples' lives and visibly demonstrate their commitment to a greener environment. We're excited to see custom water bottles rapidly become the #1 promotional item on the market replacing the typical hats and t-shirts.
We're proud to say our custom clients include 20th Century Fox, Quiksilver, NBC/Universal, EA Sports, Waste Management, NRDC, Salvation Army, New York University, Honda, GUESS and musical artist, Jack Johnson.
It says where the company is "based",, but unless I'm overlooking it I'm not seeing any statement of where their products are made.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM

229 posts, read 439,903 times
Nan, I see you found that information under the "bottles" tag, not the About Us, where I looked for it first.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
Ecousable bottles are manufactured in China, not the USA.

It would be in everyone's best interest if they reseach the CoO and not go by the highly paid marketing.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
everyone of those reusable bottles including the plastic ones have had mold grow in them after about 6 months of using them and I have had to toss them out . I know that the plastic ones are not good for the environment either but Im going to be done with buying those bottles for a while until I find one that does not grow mold in the bottom of it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living