Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
If global warming is a real threat, we are done. Our hierarchical political and economic systems, our life priorities and aspirations, our way of life, infrastructure, etc. have to be reversed almost 180 degrees to handle the challenge of this magnitude. And even then ... Probability of this is exactly zero. Al Gore' "solutions" are nowhere near what I described and yet he's ostracized by greater chunk of population for the "radical" suggestion of the green consumerism that is supposed to deliver us from all ecological evils. There is small probability of global war and/or a dictatorships thinning the herd and continuing business as usual for little bit longer.

It doesn't really matter what you believe in, nothing can be done, so why we wouldn't just embrace merry go lucky attitude of plwhit who figured this envirowacko conspiracy thing out and could not care less. As long as we have a Frankenstein burger on a chemical bun, life is good.
Money, Power, give it to them. That is what they want.

There are three types invested in this garbage.

1. Those who wish to control others based on it.
2. Those who wish to profit on those based on it.
3. Those who are stupid enough to be the pawns of it.

Think back in history, to the Salem witch trials and the scared little ignorant twits to which were rallied to the cause. Welcome to the idiots of today. history doesn't change, we don't evolve, we simply repeat the same garbage we have done since the beginning of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 04:39 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is why you are disqualified from this discussion. This is an issue of science, not your pet project to soap box to idiots in hopes that they will appeal to your dogma. The issue is Climate science. Either you can argue a scientific position, or you are no different than the religious zealots proclaiming to the village that if they do not stone the witches of you accusation for their evil, they will be punished by your god.

Sorry, but if you want to preach you religion, the religious forums are ---->

Take care now!
So how many people on city-data are qualified to discuss nut and bolt of the climate science? Most, especially deniers, would be perplexed by dy/dx=y.

Besides, science has its roots in direct observations and common sense, both are accessible to a layman.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
It's proven by the brightest minds employed in the Creation Science that CO2 emissions have no effect on anything. Read your Bible, it says nothing about CO2 or Global Warming.

What does "creation science" have to do with this issue? How about we practice "science" and everyone else can stick their head up their arse because they are too stupid to breathe?

You know... science? The process that follows a specific set of requirements called the "Scientific Method" to which in order to establish a given assumption, that assumption must be tested through a process that requires verification, validation, and replication empirically? So, if they can't establish such, then they are full of crap?

Go ahead, take your pet theory and put it to traditional scientific process, then come on back and talk about the ignorant political point you are making.

Keep in mind, the previous poster doesn't care about science. Want to know why? Because his DOGMA can not be established based on science. He needs you to "believe", to take that leap of faith.

Think long and hard about what you THINK you know to be true. Chances are, it is as factually established as those you mock.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Money, Power, give it to them. That is what they want.

There are three types invested in this garbage.

1. Those who wish to control others based on it.
2. Those who wish to profit on those based on it.
3. Those who are stupid enough to be the pawns of it.

Think back in history, to the Salem witch trials and the scared little ignorant twits to which were rallied to the cause. Welcome to the idiots of today. history doesn't change, we don't evolve, we simply repeat the same garbage we have done since the beginning of time.
You want to say that knowledge of history of hierarchical human societies would override greenhouse effect and the rest of known science?

Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
So how many people on city-data are qualified to discuss nut and bolt of the climate science? Most, especially deniers, would be perplexed by dy/dx=y.

Besides, science has its roots in direct observation and common sense, both are accessible to a layman.
No, science has its roots in empirical testing to which provides a consistent result that validates a given assumption and then is continued on and repeated as such through replication by independent means.

You don't seem to know much about science do you?

Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
You want to say that knowledge of history of hierarchical human societies would override greenhouse effect and the rest of known science?

I would say that if you wanted to establish a given position, that you must empirically show that it is such consistently and properly explain all deviations to your given assumption.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
No, science has its roots in empirical testing to which provides a consistent result that validates a given assumption and then is continued on and repeated as such through replication by independent means.

You don't seem to know much about science do you?
Testing of what? Assumption of what? How you can get testing and assumption going without observations and common sense? All, as in ALL, basic physics quantities are a product of direct observations and common sense.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I would say that if you wanted to establish a given position, that you must empirically show that it is such consistently and properly explain all deviations to your given assumption.
May I rely on the work of the overwhelming majority of climate scientists who are paid (and have time) to do that stuff? Or should I make my own shoes too?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM

850 posts, read 1,899,191 times
Quote:
That is why you are disqualified from this discussion. This is an issue of science, not your pet project to soap box to idiots in hopes that they will appeal to your dogma. The issue is Climate science. Either you can argue a scientific position, or you are no different than the religious zealots proclaiming to the village that if they do not stone the witches of you accusation for their evil, they will be punished by your god.

Sorry, but if you want to preach you religion, the religious forums are ---->

Take care now!
Ha. Whoa...is their a person in there or just a 2" penis with a 10' ego?

Living in your fantasy land, where people interested in science get to make up pretend rules on message boards, I guess that would work. But that isn't the rule, and my opinion is completely allowed on this public forum about Green Living. I think maybe you need to go find a science forum and leave people who care about the earth to discuss whatever they wish. Hallucinate much? You show many traits of narcissism and borderline personality disorder.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:50 PM

850 posts, read 1,899,191 times
Quote:
Keep in mind, the previous poster doesn't care about science. Want to know why? Because his DOGMA can not be established based on science. He needs you to "believe", to take that leap of faith.

Think long and hard about what you THINK you know to be true. Chances are, it is as factually established as those you mock.
Its not that I don't care about science, I find it useful. My career is in the health field, where anatomy, physics and physiology are the base of what I do. But then I discovered that intuition is an even more powerful tool. Truth. Not saying intuition makes all my decisions for me, but don't discount it. You're obviously a Myer's Briggs type ST....can't stand those types. Maybe I should start quizzing you on physiological systems and see if you're educated enough to answer that branch of 'science'. Then deem you an idiot when you can't. Yeah.....do you see how ridiculous you are?

I've always made fun of bible thumpers, so not sure what you're talking about. My 'faith' has nothing to do with religion, because I don't believe in religion. I know when I sh*t it stinks, and if I eat it I could get sick. Real easy. No 'scientific' explanation needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living