Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:38 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,430,223 times

Advertisements

Interesting news I missed earlier in the year... UPS ordered 100 EV delivery vans from Freightliner, and they utilize Tesla technology.

The FCCC walk-in van has a battery range of 75 miles, utilizing lithium iron phosphate batteries from Valence Technology. UPS plans to use the vans in package delivery services in various cities in California, starting with Sacramento.

Quote:
In the company press release, Ricky Hanna stated: “EVI is proud to partner with UPS on this landmark deployment of California-made zero emission package cars. EVI is honored to be a part of UPS’s fleet, which is advancing state-of-the-art logistics in California and around the world.”

Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp (FCCC) Archives | EV News Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
So OpenD, you didn't buy an EV did you? Oh, you rent them from time to time, right? Why don't you own an EV OpenD? Can't bring yourself to do as you say do?

I rest my case. ANother magazine reader bites the dust.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Interesting news I missed earlier in the year... UPS ordered 100 EV delivery vans from Freightliner, and they utilize Tesla technology.

The FCCC walk-in van has a battery range of 75 miles, utilizing lithium iron phosphate batteries from Valence Technology. UPS plans to use the vans in package delivery services in various cities in California, starting with Sacramento.
Indeed, business simply increase their charges to customers to pay for this type of feel-good PR.

Do let everyone know when your EV is ready for delivery.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:23 PM

I know you're busy reading Motor Trend Open D but here, something you can also review:

A black box in your car? Some see a source of tax revenue - latimes.com

Yes, a way to tax owners of cars by taxing miles driven. Perfect for the EV. Guess what? Add a tax per mile driven to make things a little less taxing on the gas powered car drivers.

You knew it was coming.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Really OpenD, getting out of the house isn't a problem which is why I don't spend my time reading Motor Trend magazine and swallow all the marketing hype. I bet you have a lifelong subscription, you fit their demographic perfectly.
Quote:
Like I said above, you're a headline, new article info seeker, nothing more. There you go, believing public relations media without even asking a single question, you just believe whatever is told you by magazine editors and marketing pros. Amazing.
Quote:
OpenD, when did you buy your EV? Not hybrid, true electric vehicle? Not something you made up to drive around on the front lawn.
Quote:
So OpenD, you didn't buy an EV did you? Oh, you rent them from time to time, right? Why don't you own an EV OpenD? Can't bring yourself to do as you say do?

I rest my case. ANother magazine reader bites the dust.
Quote:
Indeed, business simply increase their charges to customers to pay for this type of feel-good PR.

Do let everyone know when your EV is ready for delivery.
Quote:
I know you're busy reading Motor Trend Open D but here, something you can also review:
It's educational to review how little you really have to say. Not one single thing you said above matters in the least. You have no ideas, no facts, no suggestions. You can't reason well, you keep tripping over logical fallacies, and you don't understand that constantly insulting someone who disagrees with you does not constitute a valid argument.

So like an angry monkey in a cage you just fling a lot of poo and hope some of it sticks. That's not debate, that's just being a disorderly attacker.

I'm interested in having grown up conversations with other adults. Your childishness is appalling.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
A black box in your car? Some see a source of tax revenue - latimes.com

Yes, a way to tax owners of cars by taxing miles driven. Perfect for the EV. Guess what? Add a tax per mile driven to make things a little less taxing on the gas powered car drivers.
I've been reading about this concept for years. It certainly would be a much fairer way to do it. Eliminate the gas tax, and simply charge people for their use of the roads by the miles they drive.

Clearly we need to find a way to finance better road maintenance and infrastructure improvement, and the existing gas tax system is not the way to do it. The tax hasn't been raised in 20 years, and now that cars are getting better gas mileage, the needed revenues are falling. Taxing by the mile, rather than by the gallon, would be a big improvement.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Childish was your next to last post on this thread.

Why can't you answer the question: Do you own an EV? Well, everyone knows the answer to that one. For all the benefits you claim about EVs, you choose not to own one.

How about explaining then, why an EV doesn't suit you? I'm sure it's something reasonable.

Last edited by Mack Knife; 10-28-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I've been reading about this concept for years. It certainly would be a much fairer way to do it. Eliminate the gas tax, and simply charge people for their use of the roads by the miles they drive.

Clearly we need to find a way to finance better road maintenance and infrastructure improvement, and the existing gas tax system is not the way to do it. The tax hasn't been raised in 20 years, and now that cars are getting better gas mileage, the needed revenues are falling. Taxing by the mile, rather than by the gallon, would be a big improvement.
A new level of misunderstanding. People are buying less gasoline because they are driving less and that is the result of a flailing economy. When people have jobs they need to drive to those jobs, drive to buy the things needed for their lifestyle. People with fewer financial resources spend less money and guy less gasoline. I know, it's difficult to understand.

You neglected to note that California just raised it's gasoline tax. Most of the roads in a state are maintained by the State, not the federal government and the trust fund for highway road maintenance. Your comments as usual are shallow in example and lacking in understanding of the issue.

Your comments are typical of the tax everything crowd. Instead of looking to better manage the tax collected, your idea is to simply raise taxes and spend more money. I should have known.

Better management of existing resources never entered your mind did it?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Why can't you answer the question: Do you own an EV? Well, everyone knows the answer to that one. For all the benefits you claim about EVs, you choose not to own one. How about explaining then, why an EV doesn't suit you? I'm sure it's something reasonable.
And AGAIN you repeat your childish question, as if it had anything to do with anything.

I'm not currently in the market for any vehicle. It's that simple.

I don't subscribe to Motor Trends, or any other magazine. It's that simple.

I have mentioned 13 awards the Tesla S received, you got obsessed about one. You're that simple.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
And AGAIN you repeat your childish question, as if it had anything to do with anything.

I'm not currently in the market for any vehicle. It's that simple.

I don't subscribe to Motor Trends, or any other magazine. It's that simple.

I have mentioned 13 awards the Tesla S received, you got obsessed about one. You're that simple.

And there it is, the one who exclaims the merits of the EV yet doesn't see fit to own one. So instead of doing something to alleviate the problem of driving a car that uses gasoline or diesel, you choose to contribute to the problem but at the same time talk about how every little bit helps.

Obviously you don't even believe the stuff you put out enough to buy one. Surely they are affordable, you've made that so clear before to the point that if all those comments are to be believed, not buying one makes no financial sense at all.

The other word for it is hypocrisy.

As for the MT awards for the Tesla, you brought that up, numerous times. No one really asked you about it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living