Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,371,543 times

Advertisements

You can check out "who makes what" list here:
Appliance411 Repair Parts: Who makes what?

I'm actually interested in this one from Kenmore. Mainly because it has gallon shelving on the door and adjustable door shelving and split adjustable main shelving with slide out.
Kenmore 18.2 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - Model 6795 at Sears.com

Note that if you buy major items from Costco, applicances, TV's, etc... many will give you a 2 year warranty, which is a Costco feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 06:34 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post

I'm actually interested in this one from Kenmore. Mainly because it has gallon shelving on the door and adjustable door shelving and split adjustable main shelving with slide out.

I have those features on mine and it's nice to have. I don't always *remember* that I can reconfigure the shelves to fit something in, but the slide-out features are great, and when you go to clean the fridge you really appreciate the reconfigure features (makes it easy to clean).

Old 07-20-2008, 10:31 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,697,958 times
Me, I did grow up with the Sears Wish Book, anyway, I have lived here 10 year, and the Kenome side by side, has not caused any problem. I did repace the dishwasher, cheap, and builder, and did check on line, reviews, and just did call the local store for the kenmore, one step from elite down. It is quiet, and work great. Budget! what i do is go to sears, read , and then call the local sales pesorn, so he gets paid.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
We bought a Whirlpool Gold and love it! It is a side by side this is the newer version of ours.
The in door ice is great
The adjustable water filler is fab
It does not have the freeze spots most fridges do inside the fridge.
Mine can fit the Big Costco cookie sheets inside the fridge which was a necessity for me.

Side By Side Refrigerators GS6NHAXV from Whirlpool Home Appliances (http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=REFRIGERATORS&cat=96&prod=1138 - broken link)

Refrigerators from Whirlpool (http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/category.jsp?N=20000097&cat=96 - broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,682 times
Default Lg

I agree with the poster that said LG. They have an incredible warranty with them. I think the sealed system is 7 years. We have a bottom freezer GE that is actually made by LG. I love it and it is very quiet.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 AM

653 posts, read 1,919,294 times
hey lisa, what kind of set up you plan to power electric appliances. i been looking for low end off grid electric power, i don't think it exist. from what i read from the internet, just to have 3 kwh system(very small) it will cost $50000-60000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
You can go to Home : ENERGY STAR and do a search for appliances. It shows all the brands and models that are nergy star rated. I had to do this b/c my husband and I are building a house off grid. I am going with mostly gas appliances except for my washer which will be a general electric.

I don't know about the noise issue but they are very high quality items on the list. The top mount refrigerators do rate higher. Good Luck in the search.

Lisa

Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
I agree with the poster that said LG. They have an incredible warranty with them. I think the sealed system is 7 years. We have a bottom freezer GE that is actually made by LG. I love it and it is very quiet.
Are you saying that your GE was made by LG? They are 2 different companies

LG is the Strongest Bidder for Ge

Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,682 times
Yes. It's not uncommon for a company to sell something and have their label on it when it is actually manufactured by someone else. I did a short stint in appliance sales. For example, most of Kenmores appliances are actually made by Whirlpool.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,170 times
Default 2009 Whirlpool Gold Star refrigerator

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator in May 2009. I thought the refrigerator had a defect because it made a pecking noise a couple of times a day.
I called the repair and they said nothing was wrong. The noise continued, so I called repair two more times and each time they said that the noise was normal. I thought they were crazy because I did not think that manfacturer would be stupid enough to make a product that sounded worse that any previous models. Sure enough,the manfacturer included a note in the operator's manual that the noise was normal. I also was told that other models had a similar noise. I can only think that the designing engineer must be stupid or crazy. Who would intentionally make a product that customers would complain about.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A NEW REFRIGERATOR THAT DOESN'T MAKE A
PECKING SOUND EVERY DAY?
Manufacturers must think the customers are dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living