Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM

37 posts, read 302,237 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if anyone has tried "Earth 4 Energy" a guide for building your own solar panel and wind turbine system? Does is work? How much time/work do you have to invest in building it? I don't want to fall into a scam. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,924,291 times
The website looks scammy - No way can you build a wind turbine or solar system for $200, and if you could it would power your laptop or Ipod at most maybe 400 watts. The parts alone are more than that especially for a residential wind turbine. How about batteries?

Total Scam. I guess he didn't include the $50 bucks for his book in the cost to create a 100 watt system. There are plenty of resources out there esp for building your own turbine which isn't that difficult.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,403,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
The website looks scammy - No way can you build a wind turbine or solar system for $200, and if you could it would power your laptop or Ipod at most maybe 400 watts. The parts alone are more than that especially for a residential wind turbine. How about batteries?

Total Scam. I guess he didn't include the $50 bucks for his book in the cost to create a 100 watt system. There are plenty of resources out there esp for building your own turbine which isn't that difficult.
I agree, they are less than forth coming as to who they are and where they can be found. Basically for $50 bucks you purchase some cheezy plans through an E-Book download. They also have an Afilliate program. Stay away. It's a pyramid front masquerading as a seller of cheap information.

They have all types of Earth4energy scam websites that lead you to buy the product anyway, as the example below demonstrates. This same ploy was used by one of the latest scams on the net called ASD Cash Generator which the government shut down and siezed almost $93 Million down in Florida.

RIPOFF REPORT: Earth4Energy Scam - Earth4Energy Review

Your better off going to Barnes & Noble , Amazon.com or Border Bookstore

Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM

37 posts, read 302,237 times
Thank You so much for your comments. I have done a little more research and I will not be purchasing earth 4 energy or anything like it!

While I'm thinking about it. Does anyone have experience building their own solar panels or wind turbine? And if so, How did you do it?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 30,051 times
Friends, i totally disagree with the above comment. I have tried E4E and it is good ebook to build solar panels and windmills and it is not scam to be honest with you. The ebook provide information to build solar panel for home so you can reduce your power bills. I would request you to visit following url:

<A target="_new" href="http://www.earth4energy4.com">Earth 4 Energy Review</A>

Old 03-17-2009, 11:59 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,427,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray1 View Post
Thank You so much for your comments. I have done a little more research and I will not be purchasing earth 4 energy or anything like it!

While I'm thinking about it. Does anyone have experience building their own solar panels or wind turbine? And if so, How did you do it?
I would suggest contacting a local solar company to design the system for you. There is a bit of information that is needed to do. I have designed many homes in our area that include full PV arrays, each one is a unique design based on obstacles and shadows, sun, and house orientation. They will be able to design the system to get the most out of it.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
In fact, you can build my windmill for as little as $100 by using my secret methods that very few people know about!
Hahaha.... go price what the material for the tower alone is going to cost.

With a hundred bucks you might be able to purchase the concrete for the base of any significant sized windmill assuming you do the excavation, build the forms, mix and pour it yourself.

Last edited by thecoalman; 03-18-2009 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
I "designed" a solar swimming pool heating system for a Florida located friend of the family a couple of decades ago. It consisted of 300 ft of 1 1/2 in black plastic pipe draped over a south facing roof with a small circulating pump on a timer. The pump circulated pool water starting at 10 am and stopping at 6 pm. They started using this system in early April and shut it off mid June lest the pool become a hot tub.

When it comes to solar simple is better and a lot cheaper.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:54 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When it comes to solar simple is better and a lot cheaper.
I guess you can add me to the solar designer list, actually made it many years ago. We have place on the river to get away for the weekends, holidays etc. It is only used in the summer. It has electric hot water heater for the regular shower but we set up shower outside that was "powered" by a bunch of black PVC pipes mounted on the roof of the one shed. The water was only luke warm and it didn't last for long but it was just enough to take the chill off the well water.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 33,767 times
Thumbs up Earth4Energy Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray1 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has tried "Earth 4 Energy" a guide for building your own solar panel and wind turbine system? Does is work? How much time/work do you have to invest in building it? I don't want to fall into a scam. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Hi, I found this website, Earth4Energy Review , & it looks like it might be possible to build a windmill or solar panel system & get started for under $200, but I'm sure that to build a complete system you'll need to spend more $$. Once the investment is made, you can always expand or upgrade to provide increased amounts of free electrical power forever! If you click through the links to the earth4energy sales page, then hit hit your browser's back button, a pop-up should appear & offer another $10 discount which means you'll get the ebook for around $39. Not so bad for 80+ pages of step by step info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living