Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Poison? I don't have "poison" coming from my dryer.
Want to make a bet on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Want to make a bet on that?
Why? I've never been harmed by the exhaust. Nor, has anyone else that I know who has a dryer - and that is a bunch.

I have an electric dryer - puts some heat in a drum - my clothes dry.

All I need to know.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Why? I've never been harmed by the exhaust. Nor, has anyone else that I know who has a dryer - and that is a bunch.

All I need to know.
What I'd like to know is why you chose to troll around this green forum?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,865,191 times
electric dryer does not emit anything poisonous. The reason that we exhaust outside is probably due to the moisture, and for the summer time.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:

All I need to know.
You get vapors containing all the toxic chemicals people like to use in their laundry these days.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,477 times
Government permits for compost piles?

People opposed to clothes lines?

Acid run-off ponds for leaves?

Holy mackeral! I've never heard of such things. That kind of government intervention chills me to the bone. I sure hope such nonsense doesn't come to rural Missouri along with all the newbies moving here.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:19 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Great example of a textbook troll. Someone should create a sticky.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Well, to be honest, to try to give "the other side" - that there are millions and millions who think the "green" movement is actually bogus. That the Green movement is nothing more than a way to try to control the public and to squeeze more revenue from citizens all in the name of "protection" of the environment.

One of my early comments here was simply that composting in my area is not feasible - for any number of reasons. Like recycling - we can't do it - and there are no provisions for recycling in my area.

Remember - there are two sides to each issue

Old 01-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You get vapors containing all the toxic chemicals people like to use in their laundry these days.
You mean, like Laundry detergent? Or, fabric softner? Bleach?

Should these items be outlawed?

Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Well, to be honest, to try to give "the other side" - that there are millions and millions who think the "green" movement is actually bogus. That the Green movement is nothing more than a way to try to control the public and to squeeze more revenue from citizens all in the name of "protection" of the environment.

One of my early comments here was simply that composting in my area is not feasible - for any number of reasons. Like recycling - we can't do it - and there are no provisions for recycling in my area.

Remember - there are two sides to each issue
I see your point, however, I do think that there are
plenty of people looking for info etc about the "green"-ness of things in a green forum, not to hear "your" side.
Me and some other folks here are under the impression that the sole purpose of green forum would be a place for environmentally minded people could come and share ideas.
Not where they'd have to "defend" their position on pretty much every single thread where the self-appointed geniuses of the anti-environment would come and hammer down.

Seriously it's a drag.

But back to the OP, it's technically not that it's illegal to compost in CA. just illegal to take others compostables into their own possession, it's a clamp down on the potential enterprising business that could be generated from not having this leg. in place. (As idiotic as it may be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living