Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Turn Off The Light After Using A Public Restroom?
Yes 14 23.73%
No 23 38.98%
Sometimes 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times

Advertisements

I always turn it off, but with a paper towel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,930,247 times
Lightbulb Keep the lights on!

Don't you think its a little inconsiderate to turn off the light in a public restroom? Now for someone who 1) Never been in there before, and 2) has to use the bowl really really bad.. now has to feel up on the nasty walls to find the light switch????
I would hate to use the restroom after all you off switchers!

Have you ever thought someone would probably think the restroom is out of order if they find all the lights out.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:53 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
I do not touch the light switch. That is just another source of germs. If the business wants the lights turned off, then they should have motion sensor lights.
You beat me to it.

Just what one needs to combat global warming is a good case of staph infection.

I carry Purrell (forget the spelling, I know it is wrong) and use my foot to flush. After flushing I wash hands in soap and water using a paper hand towel to operate faucets. Keeping the same hand towel I use it to open the door on my way out so I do not have to touch the door hardware.

Once safely outside I use hand sanitizer.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:38 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The average toilet seat in a public restroom has less germs on it that the keyboard and mouse on your desk. Your toilet seat is cleaner than your keyboard - Tech Products & Geek News | Geek.com
What about the average handle on the public bathroom door? They've done reports on all the germs on the handles on the bathroom doors. And yes, they always find urine and fecal material on them. Always. So, the toilet seat MAY be cleaner than a keyboard, but do not delude yourself into thinking that the handles on the bathroom door are clean. Chances are they are very unsanitary! (Actually, I wonder if the handle on a toilet is cleaner than a keyboard.) You know how many people do not wash their hands when they leave the bathroom. You would be well advised to use a paper towel to open the door. And, if people are turning on and off the lights in the bathroom, then you would be well advised to use a paper towel to turn those on/off too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living