Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,339 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving from Raleigh to Greensboro. Can anyone suggest a safe apt complex near the airport within a 500.00 price range for a one bedrom with a dog? I see many advertised, but I don't know neighborhoods. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Annie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM

7 posts, read 13,741 times
Annie,

We lived over near the PTI (GSO) airport for about 12 years - first living in some apartments down on West Market Street and then renting a nice little house in the River Hills Plantation area (adjacent to the Cardinal Golf & Country Club) - toward the end of Old Oak Ridge Road, near Pleasant Ridge Road, only a small hop, skip, and jump from the airport. THere is another area nearby called Oak Bend but is not nearly as nice.

I would NOT recommend any of the apartment complexes down on West Market St - they have really gone downhill and are now horrible with lots of issues (read, police incidents). There is the Cardinal apts on Old Oak Ridge Rd, near the entrance to River Hills which aren't bad and are walking distance to a small shopping center and another small one over at Fleming and Inman Roads. There is another apt complex on Old Oak Ridge Rd, closer to its start near Fleming Road that is much nicer and does accept pets. I haven't heard much about the apt complex on Pleasant Ridge Rd, near Regional Rd, but it seems well kept and not too many problems going on. There are also some relatively new townhouses down on Regional Road that you might be able to rent since I believe they were all sold when first build and given the economy, renting a townhouse or small house may be the best deal out there!

We loved living in River Hills and since I travelled constantly, my wife felt safe beyond all compare. They have an active Neighborhood Watch program and the HOA is very aware about crime and other issues, plus it is a very good neighborhood to walk or bike with a park and lake that are beautiful.

I would definitely recommend checking the GSO Police & Guilford County Sheriff crime stats for that area as well as checking out the area during peak rush hours times of the week to get an idea of the traffic - Hwy 68 can get terribly backed up starting at Pleasant Ridge Road.

Good Luck!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 AM

84 posts, read 216,899 times
How far are those from the airport, and you have a price range for a 1 bedroom rent? Once job uncertainty rolls through- I"ll either be getting a townhouse near the area, or getting an apartment and trying to move in a year to a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point