Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM

4 posts, read 21,635 times

Advertisements

Where can I Buy Stroh's Beer in North central/western North Carolina? (From Eden to Burlington to Ashville to Statesville and all areas in between). Thanks again, WAW
Kronikles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,526 times
I am not a drinker but at one time there was a Stroh's brewery in Winston-Salem.This was in the 1980's. Probably dosen't help much. I do not believe I have seen it for sale since then.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
A quick search on the website showed just two distributors, one in Fayetteville & one in Salisbury.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:11 PM

13 posts, read 32,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
A quick search on the website showed just two distributors, one in Fayetteville & one in Salisbury.
You can not buy direct from distributors. NC is a three tiered system. Brewer to Dist. to Retail. You would need to call the distributor and see what retail locations they sell too.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 PM

273 posts, read 950,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMM5 View Post
You can not buy direct from distributors. NC is a three tiered system. Brewer to Dist. to Retail. You would need to call the distributor and see what retail locations they sell too.
How come I can walk into Red Oak brewery and have them fill a growler straight from the tank? Is it just that they also have retail privi's?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMM5 View Post
I assumed that was understood and was letting the OP know he was in for a bit of a drive to find his swill, I mean beer.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
How come I can walk into Red Oak brewery and have them fill a growler straight from the tank? Is it just that they also have retail privi's?
They're not a distrubutor. There is a cap on how much beer you can produce before you have to turn it over to distributors. Red Oak is actually trying to get that law changed.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 21,635 times
Default Stroh's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikles View Post
Where can I Buy Stroh's Beer in North central/western North Carolina? (From Eden to Burlington to Ashville to Statesville and all areas in between). Thanks again, WAW
Kronikles
Thanks for the replies. I remember the brewery in Winston myself. It has been closed at least 12 years. I am not a drinker anymore but I was just wondering where or if Stroh's could still be bought in this region or if it is even brewed anymore. Thanks again, WAW Wayne

Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 13,159 times
Default Stroh's

hey WAW,

did you ever find out who sells the beer in NC? I saw the one reply that said the distributor was still in the state. Can you tell me who has Strohs and where are they? I live in Greenville, SC and will travel to pick some up. Thanks

Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 13,159 times
Default Strohs

Also wanted to add that Strohs was bought out by Pabst. It is still brewed and I picked some up in Akron last week. hoping I can get it closer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point