Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
....and there is a Coach at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem, so we'll call it a day.
never heard of Coach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
never heard of Coach
... I can't tell if you're being serious.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:00 AM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
The biggest factor in retail is average income. Major retailers are not likely to locate in the Triad until average incomes significantly rise. Also the modest population growth of the area does not help lure high end retail.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
Quote:
never heard of Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
... I can't tell if you're being serious.
If "gsoboi" refers to their gender identity, it's possible they aren't familiar with the brand.
/stereotype

Old 04-22-2014, 02:43 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
If "gsoboi" refers to their gender identity, it's possible they aren't familiar with the brand.
/stereotype
Dude here. Still know Coach, and not just from my shared credit card statement.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Dude here. Still know Coach, and not just from my shared credit card statement.
I was referring to the "boi" slang (I had to Google it lol)

Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Quote:
there is a Brooks Brothers at Friendly
To add to that, and to answer some questions, and to share my thoughts on friendly and hanes.

So to start, Friendly.

Well, Other then Brooks Brothers There is also high end stores like, J.Jill,J.Crew Anthropologie, White House Black Market, Ann Taylor, Apple , William Sonoma,Pandora jewelry,Caché,Sunglass hut,Banana Republic(low $$$-mid $$$- low $$$$ stores) centered in one central area, Rather then being scattered through out the city, that is a BIG plus for attracting high end retail.

But as for Super high end like Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom(mid $$$-high $$$- high $$$$ stores), etc that, i don't know, maybe, only time will tell, But i think friendly could pull off atleast a small- mediam Louis Vitton store, imo

Population and income wise, i think it's possible for N.M or Saks 5th, Nordstrom to actually be successful here, But honestly, Crawl before you walk before you get to that level.

Personally so far, I think friendly center is off to an amazing start, The area looks great and the shops look extremely ritzy. A big plus when you are trying to attract big names. Ann Taylor, Anthropolgie, j.jill,J.Crew, Brooks Brothers,W.H.B.M and Applestanding out being the most expensive, Big name stores that are also in South park mall. And Porsche Design could be the next big store added to that.

Could have just been an area with low end strip mall type stores...payless..A ups store..dollar tree...foot locker...etc.

So in that respect, friendly certainly didn't bite the bullet, they took a daring chance, and it seems to be paying off.

And to why i think friendly is good high end area? The area it's self, Friendly is surrounded by nice sized houses, 2 high end hotels, lots of big branch banks, a business park, It is in close proximity of Lamborghini Carolina Which is a Very High end dealership, and the new high end car dealership they are building right up the street,from the shops at friendly.

And to the guy that's never heard of coach, LOL!! WS having a coach is big as well. But hanes needs an Anthropoligie,Brooks brothers or ann taylors "store" aswell. Still shocked there is no apple....I don't get that.

Anyway, that's my thoughts, Also Winston does have a White house black market and j.jill, albeit very small stores.

Last edited by YinXyang; 04-22-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Other then Brooks Brothers There is also high end stores like, J.Jill,J.Crew Anthropologie, White House Black Market, Ann Taylor, Apple , William Sonoma,Pandora,Caché,Sunglass hut(high end eye wear)(low $$$-mid $$$- low $$$$ stores) centered in one central area, Rather then being scattered through out the city, that is a BIG plus for attracting high end retail.

But as for Super high end like Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom(mid $$$-high $$$- high $$$$ stores), etc that, i don't know, But i think friendly could pull off atleast louis vitton(low $$$$-extremely high $$$$ store) personally.

I think friendly center is off to an amazing start, The area looks great and the shops look extremely ritzy. ...day and night compared to back in the day. A big plus when you are trying to attract big names.

Which it has done rather well.

Infact there are recent talks of switching out Coldwater creek(low-mid $$ store) with a Porsche Design, (mid$$$- high $$$- low $$$$ store) Honestly a great idea.

To the guy that's never heard of coach, LOL!!
What's funny is that anyone would call anything on that list "high end". Those are regular, every-day stores where Middle America shops. Take a walk through Phipps Plaza or Bal Harbor and you'll notice that Friendly Center is not in that universe.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
never heard of Coach
I wouldn't make comments like that...it's easier just to look it up before proclaiming ignorance.

You don't have to be in the market for a $1000 purse to know Coach: Coach New Arrivals | Shop the Latest Coach Handbags and Accessories

Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
What's funny is that anyone would call anything on that list "high end". Those are regular, every-day stores where Middle America shops. Take a walk through Phipps Plaza or Bal Harbor and you'll notice that Friendly Center is not in that universe.
sure i suppose if "regular middle america" shops for 400-500$ shoes and 500-800$ dresses... On a daily basis

Then again, Rodeo Drive changed my perspective on life and the universe..nearly 5 digit handbags.... So, i see what you mean, But honestly...the shops at friendly don't seem like regular middle america stores to me, You still got to have a fair bit of money to actually "shop" Could easily end up spending over several thousand dollars, just on 4 items..at one store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by YinXyang; 04-22-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point