Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:58 PM

130 posts, read 390,677 times

Advertisements

The Village Diner in Hillsborough will make ya wanna slap two people. It's that good! I told the cook there one night she made Momma Dip's in Chapel Hill look like a yankee school cafeteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM

68 posts, read 168,831 times
The Sunrise Diner and the T-ville Diner both in Thomasville. Also, Carter Brothers in High Point.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,156,229 times
Moose Cafe (at the Farmer's Market)
Meta's (downtown Winston)
Hillbilly Hideaway (Walnut Cove)
K&W Cafeteria...seriously! Their food quality is actually very good as cafeterias go. Really authentic southern preparation, especially the vegetables.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times
Yeah, Hayble's Hearth, askance of Spring Garden St. is really good, and , "tis sad I am to learn of the demise of the Grove St. Cafe" There was another, in that little strip mall below the coliseum, can't remember the name. From high Point road go Glenwood to Lee st. t/r follow lee st til you see the strip mall on left, when you see the pool hall on the right you are within a couple of hundred yards.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,847 times
m&m soul food in four seasons mall is good

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,828 times
what about the Fire Mountain place in Kernersville? I hear it's delicious, tho I don't know if it makes you want to slap anyone!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,029 times
I agree with Haybles Hearth having homecooked meals. They have a good chicken cordon bleu too. College kids seems to like it as well as the older crowd(retirees)

Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,794 times
What's up Philly. I relocated from Delaware and love it here as well. I have not been able to find good soulfood in the Triad. Do not go to M&M Soulfood in the Four Seasons Mall Greensboro. Having spent many years in the service industry, I value the importance of quality service and at the same time realize that none of us are perfect. With that being said, on Sun, Oct 18, 2009 my family and I stopped by M&M Soul Food at the Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro, NC. It was a slow day with me and another customer behind me in line. After placing my order for a fish sandwich and fries, I sat down to return five minutes later. At that time, the young lady at the counter gave a look which showed that she had forgotten to start cooking my fries. Without saying anything, she rushed over and dropped the fries. After a minute or so she took the fries out of the grease. I guess she was attempting to make up for lost time. She then took the fries to the back and through the kitchen pass through I could see her lift the fries and the fish sandwich (which had apparently gotten cold) into the microwave. She brought me the food and when I tasted the fries I advised her that they were not done. By this time, my family who had chosen to order elsewhere was finished eating. I advised the young lady that I would like to have a refund. She apologized and said that she understood. She signaled for a gentleman (perhaps a manager) in the food court to come and process the refund. He asked what happened and I explained. He agreed to give me a refund but admitted that neither he nor the cashier knew how to process a credit back to my debit card. He advised that his brother would arrive in 5 minutes. I walked over to another restaurant and was served promptly. I rejoined my family and finished my meal which was complete with a desert. I suspect that 25 minutes had passed and still the brother (owner) had not arrived. I waited five more minutes and the owner showed up. While he acknowledged my presence with a “wait one minute” gesture, he began chatting with other patrons about an upcoming homecoming event where he would be serving food. This conversation went on for 5-10 minutes while I stood there waiting. Believing that I was being mistreated, my husband came over and positioned himself behind me. At that time, the owner took my card and asked “now what happened”. I was completely appalled by then. I explained the situation again and also told him that if he really cared about his business that he should attend to providing his existing customers with better service. I asked why there was no sense of urgency to resolve my issue since I had spent nearly an hour at his establishment. He gave a smirk and never spoke a word. After pulling out an instruction book, he processed the credit. I thanked him and left vowing to never return there again.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:22 PM

322 posts, read 666,552 times
I wouldn't recommend mall food to begin with....Try Meta's in downtown Winston-Salem. It is often overlooked, and is one of the few black owned real soulfood restaurants anywhere, with the likes of fried chicken, meat loaf, cooked vegies, etc, etc.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,371 times
Bell Brothers in Winston-Salem, NC is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point