Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,195 times

Advertisements

How's everyone?
ok I visited Baton rouge, and it was like no other city that I've ever been too. I enjoyed it so much. I live in the carolinas, and I was thinking how does Winston-Salem compare to Baton rouge. I think they are similar in size. I also think there populitions are similar too; not only that the tallest skyscrapers in each city are similar in height, both either 460 feet or close to it . Winston- Salem is one of my favorite cities in the US. I know its not the biggest lol, that belongs to NYC I've been there too, so I know what huge is, but I think ther cities are really unique. I've only been to Baton Rouge once, and winston-salem three times, but I think they are in the same leage?? I guess??? ALL opions welcome, And pictures please, of each city skyline. thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasouth1237 View Post
How's everyone?
ok I visited Baton rouge, and it was like no other city that I've ever been too. I enjoyed it so much. I live in the carolinas, and I was thinking how does Winston-Salem compare to Baton rouge. I think they are similar in size. I also think there populitions are similar too; not only that the tallest skyscrapers in each city are similar in height, both either 460 feet or close to it . Winston- Salem is one of my favorite cities in the US. I know its not the biggest lol, that belongs to NYC I've been there too, so I know what huge is, but I think ther cities are really unique. I've only been to Baton Rouge once, and winston-salem three times, but I think they are in the same leage?? I guess??? ALL opions welcome, And pictures please, of each city skyline. thanks everyone!
Glad you enjoyed Tiger Town, but it is not much like WS at all.

In the first place, Baton Rouge's population exploded after half of New Orleans seemed to relocate there following hurricane Katrina.

This has made getting around BR a traffic nightmare ALL DAY LONG. Not to mention, the interstate has been under construction for years (and will be for years to come), which makes getting around even more of a headache. There are just way too many people in too small a space. BR is only 76 square miles with about 3000 people per square mile, while WS with a smaller population has 132 square miles with only 1700 people per square mile (according to the 2010 US census info).

WS is SO easy to navigate, and you never find the kind of traffic there you see in much larger populated cities like Charlotte and Baton Rouge.

Unless you are thinking of BR because you plan to attend LSU, stick with WS for better quality of life

Geaux TIGERS - beat BAMA!

Last edited by lovesMountains; 01-04-2012 at 10:37 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM

479 posts, read 836,363 times
Wow, Baton Rouge and Winston-Salem? That's like two totally differing vibes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point