Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 9,207 times

Advertisements

I am currently considering relocating from the Harrison, Ohio area to Winston-Salem area. I am wondering what the best banks are in the area? At the moment I am at a local bank (only 2 locations, both in my area), and would need to transfer the money over to a new bank before hand. So any thoughts on who is the best in the area, which banks are in the area, etc would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 AM

34,167 posts, read 83,273,883 times
BB&T is based in Winston-Salem.
There are also lots of smaller community banks and credit unions too.

Whatever your needs may be... I'm sure you'll find something to suit.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,637,380 times
The best bank isn't a bank IMO...it's a credit union.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM

273 posts, read 952,196 times
Southern Community is a solid, easy to work with small, local bank(based in WS). Newbridge Bank (based in Greensboro) as well.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 PM

35 posts, read 65,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieAnne View Post
I am currently considering relocating from the Harrison, Ohio area to Winston-Salem area. I am wondering what the best banks are in the area? At the moment I am at a local bank (only 2 locations, both in my area), and would need to transfer the money over to a new bank before hand. So any thoughts on who is the best in the area, which banks are in the area, etc would be very appreciated. Thank you.
we are also considering moving to the area, probably closer to mt airy. we currently live in lawrenceburg, indiana. we would be interested in how you like the area compared to where we live now once you get settled there.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM

479 posts, read 837,081 times
Yep, do yourself a favor and go for a Credit Union.

With a Credit Union YOU are a member and OWNER.

Truliant Federal Credit Union

All you have to do is live in W-S/Forsyth County to join. There are several others; but Truliant is the only one I'm aware of who lets almost anyone join.

I used to routinely get pissed off with banks. They'll use any means available to fee you out of your own money. I'd change banks at the drop of a penny.

I've been a credit union member for ten years now. Happy as hell with the service, the lack of fees, low interest rates among numerous other benefits.

Also highly recommend checking into Farm Bureau insurance. http://ncfbins.com/

Their rates are better than Geico. Plus, they're rated #1...in the state for Auto performance by Body Shops and their insured members.

The big names don't even come close.

So in summary; a Credit Union will take care of you...in that you're also a shareholder.

A bank will... "insert explicative here."

Last edited by tegota; 01-27-2012 at 09:40 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,927 times
I have lived a lot of years and have done business with a lot of banks. No bank anywhere has ever come close to giving me the personal service I get at First Citizens. My parents did business there for years as well. Without exception, they always call if they see something suspicious, like the mail order scam company that tried to withdraw money from my parents' account. They gave me great advice and helped me build up my credit when it was sagging. I have exchanged tons of e-mails and numerous phone calls with the service reps at different branches, and in every case they have gone well beyond the call of duty. Customer service matters more to me than getting the best interest rates.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:16 AM

479 posts, read 837,081 times
Yeah, I'll agree with kaygee7 that First Citizens is one of the few; "better banks."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point