Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 AM

53 posts, read 272,477 times

Advertisements

I live in Lexington, but am willing to drive up to an hour to take my kids places. What are the best halloween activities in Winston, Greensboro, Charlotte, and the towns around the Triad? I know the zoo does a boo @ the zoo. What are some other things worth going to? Is there any good farms with hay rides, pumpkin patch, mazes, etc.? I have a 9 year old and 5 year old so nothing extremely scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 10:03 PM

247 posts, read 997,711 times
Last year I took my daughter here:

[ Kersey Valley Attractions ]

It's in High Point and she had a blast. Of course she was too young for the "Spooky Woods" but there are lots of activities to keep your children entertained all day.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 PM

Now that we've been here 2 years; we know now a few more fun Halloween things. I thought I'd share for those who are searching for some.

Our top picks: All of these have websites that you could check out. (I'm not smart enough to figure out how to hyperlink them here, so just google them.)
1. Carolina Raptor Center's boo @ the zoo
2. Kersey Valley for pumpkins & corn maze
3. Reed's Gold Mine for not too spooky fun
4. Asheboro Zoo's boo @ the zoo; not tons of Halloween fun, but the zoo is always a nice outing and you get a few treats thrown in.
5. Natural Science Center of Greensboro Halloween party
6. Peidmont Environmental Center night trail- educational & fun outdoorsy thing
7. Tiger World boo @ the zoo
8. Oak Hollow Mall trick or treat and games a couple days before Halloween
9. The Carolina Renaissance Festival does trick or treat & activities on Halloween weekend- I love the renaissance festival for the shows- it's my favorite event to go to every year! (My kids seem to like all of the performers being daredevils with fire and eating all the food with your bare hands the best & throw in candy for Halloween & they'll be in heaven!)

I hope you try some or all; they are all coming up soon, so go have some fun!

Last edited by jasonthebaker; 10-17-2009 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
cool it is at the same place as spookywoods
I want to see if they live up to
Haunted House Kersey Valley Spookywoods, Haunted Hayride, Haunted Houses, NC Largest Haunted Attraction, Halloween Attraction
I hope to go this week

Old 10-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Spookywoods discounts

I didn't add Spookywoods to the list, since we haven't been yet. But we are taking our oldest there this year. I'll let everyone know what she thinks of it (11 year old 7th grader).

The cool thing is that she gets in free for having all A's on her report card last year. They have to be in middle or high school & it has to be an original report card (they stamp it to make sure it isn't used more than once).

It is expensive though ($19 on Sun; $25 on Fri-Sat). But with her free ticket, it makes it reasonable. You can also signup with their email & they send you coupons.

They do a Christmas event there too. We're going to check it out this year.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:51 AM

74 posts, read 205,025 times
Woods of Terror in Greensboro and Spookywoods in Jamestown.

You can order VIP/Reservation tickets online, so you don't have to wait in line and if you go on Sunday it's only 19 bucks for each. My friends and I start early, go eat, then hit up both back to back. Hellvagood time.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:10 PM

583 posts, read 2,802,624 times
I won tickets to SpookyWoods via WSMonthly. We went this weekend. It's awesome! Definitely not something for the little kids though. FYI: Just saw there's info about giving blood and getting free ticket to SpookyWoods on the right side of their website. Haunted House Kersey Valley Spookywoods, Haunted Hayride, Haunted Houses, NC Largest Haunted Attraction, Halloween Attraction

Maybe try just their corn maze (Kersey Valley Maize Adventure - Corn Maze, School Field Trips, Gem Dig, Pumpkin Patch, Cow Trains, Hayrides) for them?

Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoAZ View Post
Woods of Terror in Greensboro and Spookywoods in Jamestown.

You can order VIP/Reservation tickets online, so you don't have to wait in line and if you go on Sunday it's only 19 bucks for each. My friends and I start early, go eat, then hit up both back to back. Hellvagood time.

I went to woods of terror last night and had a blast with my pookie.
I think it took us over two hours to complete .
All the attractions was different forms of terror.
The Woods of Terror on Church Street, Greensboro NC

If you go I highly suggest the fast pass there wil be a crowd
Try to arrive before dusk.
I like the effort they use in parking attenant to guide you in

Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM

254 posts, read 925,034 times
Sunny - I'm looking at the Woods of Terror site.
Is it a continuous walk from one attraction to the next, or is it more like a theme park where I need a map to make sure that I don't miss anything? How much time to do everything?

Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 AM

It is a continuous walk from the beginning and ends with a haunted hayride. I think it may took us two hours. We got in line at dusk the line took us about 10 minutes. It was very well organized. After we paid they put on wristbands. (i dont know what they was for) and they gave you a card from a deck of cards, You can go in one of the souvenir shops or just wait til they called your card out (your group) out. I would allow 3 hours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point