Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:02 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTOWN710 View Post
You should be they are nice and at that price! they are now 699 so you got in at a great time. Hopefully I will be able to get in soon even if I have to look at King St for awhile.
LOL I guess I did get in at a great time because for my studio I will be paying around $650 per month minus the cable bill. Plus I have a city view! Well you can look at King Street for a while but dont forget they will be building four more buildings so you will have a chance to get a city view unit. One of the buildings will be 6-stories so you can get a REALLY good view over looking the city. I did fall in love with the frosted double glass bedroom doors and I love the bathroom sink and the stone tile frame around the mirror. The track lighting in the kitchen is so cosmopolitan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 35,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
LOL I guess I did get in at a great time because for my studio I will be paying around $650 per month minus the cable bill. Plus I have a city view! Well you can look at King Street for a while but dont forget they will be building four more buildings so you will have a chance to get a city view unit. One of the buildings will be 6-stories so you can get a REALLY good view over looking the city. I did fall in love with the frosted double glass bedroom doors and I love the bathroom sink and the stone tile frame around the mirror. The track lighting in the kitchen is so cosmopolitan.
I viewed the all three just afer the big grand opening yesterday. They were all decorated so nice. I think I'm leaning more towards the one bedroom. Just because of the size. I do love those glass doors.

Last edited by BTOWN710; 11-28-2007 at 07:40 AM..

Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTOWN710 View Post
I viewed the all three just afer the big grand opening yesterday. They were all decorated so nice. I think I'm leaning more towards the one bedroom. Just because of the size. I do love those glass doors.
I origionally wanted to get the one bedroom but my budget at this time wont allow that. But the studio is enough space for me and the 9 foot ceilings make it seem much bigger. Maybe next year I'll upgrade. They all are great and all three plans have design features not found in the others. For example the stove fan in the studio units are different from those in the one and two bedroom units. But the studio units are technically not studio apartments because in a true studio, the bedroom is combined with the living room. Thats not the case at CityView. Basically the studio units are smaller one bedroom apartments. But they are about the size of an average studio (600 square feet)

How was the grand opening, I heard the mayor and city council were at the ribbon cutting ceremony? I havent seen anything on the news about it.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,234 times
Default Moving too

Hi

I've found a job in GSO and am moving. Looked at CityView as well. Was wondering if there were similar properties in the same area that were for sale. Looking for something very small, 1BR. If so, what are the price ranges? Would prefer something brand new or not old

Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 AM

525 posts, read 2,124,609 times
Default condos downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Hi

I've found a job in GSO and am moving. Looked at CityView as well. Was wondering if there were similar properties in the same area that were for sale. Looking for something very small, 1BR. If so, what are the price ranges? Would prefer something brand new or not old
There are 1 bedroom places at Arbor Homes, right next to the new super YMCA downtown and I believe they start in the 150k range. There are two bedroom units there as well. Also the Bellemeade units are done but they are in the 350k and up range. There are some others- let me know kind of what you are looking for and I will be glad to send you whatever info you need.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 35,009 times
Quote:
I origionally wanted to get the one bedroom but my budget at this time wont allow that. But the studio is enough space for me and the 9 foot ceilings make it seem much bigger. Maybe next year I'll upgrade. They all are great and all three plans have design features not found in the others. For example the stove fan in the studio units are different from those in the one and two bedroom units. But the studio units are technically not studio apartments because in a true studio, the bedroom is combined with the living room. Thats not the case at CityView. Basically the studio units are smaller one bedroom apartments. But they are about the size of an average studio (600 square feet)

How was the grand opening, I heard the mayor and city council were at the ribbon cutting ceremony? I havent seen anything on the news about it.
well when I arrived all the news crews were leaving and things were calming back down.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM

well Ive finally moved into CityView Apartments! I love it and I found out that WFMY's weather man Eric Chilton lives here as well. Currently only one of the buildings are totally complete and a second building there are a few residents but no one is in the last two buildings and the residents in those buildings likely wont move in til after the new year. I will say this, when I looked at the studio plan at CityView, it did seem very small but once I moved in, it was bigger than I expected. 606 square feet is plenty of space for one person. I was able to fit a six person kitchen table in here along with a sofa, love seat, arm chair, and 3 tables without it looking too big for the apartment. The studio has a very long hallway with the bedroom door in the hall being glass. The skyline vie is breathtaking. On moving day, CityView management fed us free breakfast, lunch, dinner and plenty of beer. The staff bought over $400 worth of sushi. They went all out for the new residents and they hired "Two men and a Truck" to help residents move their belongings into their apartments. The next day they invited new residents for more free food and beer and to watch football in the clubhouse.

Last edited by gsoboi; 12-05-2007 at 03:53 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 07:37 AM

28 posts, read 163,054 times
Quote:
here are some photos of CityView that I recently took

(photos removed in quote)

inside the clubhouse

the view from CityView

Photos of the neighborhood which is located in the southeast qaudrant of downtown. You can get an idea of the kind of neighborhood you'd be moving into.

here is The Press Wine Cafe' (a block from CityView Apartments)

here are other residences in Southside, many of which include live-work units

Hopefully these photos helped you out!
Gsoboi,, great pics!! That area of town has really developed since I left GSO a few years ago. I'll have to check it out on my Spring visit.

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:03 AM

I walked in the model units yesterday and took some photos of the studio/1 bdrm, 1 bdrm and 2 bdrm apartments

amazingly my living room coffee and end tables are indentical to this, except I have an additional wine/sofa table

Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 PM

updated photos of my CityView Apartment

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point