Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 PM

183 posts, read 567,118 times

Advertisements

I need to decide in the next week about renting a home in Summerfield(27358 zip), or Coble Farms(27410zip).....I NEED to send my kids to an excellent middle and high school, and Northwest Middle looks to fit the bill, but Northwest High just looks ok. Any opinions on which zip code/area is better?
THanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 01:30 PM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
Northwest Middle and high school are where people want to send their kids. Seriously, that explains the boom in housing in Oak Ridge and Summerfield in the last few years.

Last edited by mm34b; 11-22-2007 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Terms of Use Violation - Offer of personal goods or services.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:27 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
I agree. Summerfield.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 AM

Default thanks

I found a rental house in Summerfield, and was wondering about those two schools....by the way Michael, I am still going to call you far that tour
Thanks
Craig

Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippus View Post
I found a rental house in Summerfield, and was wondering about those two schools....by the way Michael, I am still going to call you far that tour
Thanks
Craig
Just let me know. Also, you've found the area to be in- when are we going to start looking at some homes?

Old 11-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Soon....

I guess that Summerfield is the "place" for what we are looking for. We looked at some homes in Henson Forest, but I don't want to waste your time, as being in the car business, I need to make sure that I will be here for the long haul(I think I will), and buy 6 to 7 months from now. Also, as my wife is a realtor, we need to make sure we can split the commission, as everyone has said that won't be a problem( we are looking in the 500 to 650k range)
Thanks
Craig

Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM

25 posts, read 107,778 times
Default schools

So are you here now and what do you think of the schools? We are moving in the Spring and were looking in the same area

Thanks

A

Old 11-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I guess that Summerfield is the "place" for what we are looking for. We looked at some homes in Henson Forest, but I don't want to waste your time, as being in the car business, I need to make sure that I will be here for the long haul(I think I will), and buy 6 to 7 months from now. Also, as my wife is a realtor, we need to make sure we can split the commission, as everyone has said that won't be a problem( we are looking in the 500 to 650k range)
Thanks
Craig
If your wife has an active license, I will gladly pay her a referral fee. She should look into getting licensed here in NC.

Let's get together and talk!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
So are you here now and what do you think of the schools? We are moving in the Spring and were looking in the same area

Thanks

A
Parts of Summerfield will be in the new Northern Guilford HS district, which is a brand spanking new school that opens in January. We won't have much history until they finish the school year, but many folks will be transferring from Northwest Guilford and that school is excellent. Northern will be the technology focused school, so I am anxious to see how the kids do.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area- glad to help!

Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM

127 posts, read 599,959 times
Default Most of 27358 is in the NORTHERN school district

Quote:
I need to decide in the next week about renting a home in Summerfield(27358 zip), or Coble Farms(27410zip).....I NEED to send my kids to an excellent middle and high school, and Northwest Middle looks to fit the bill, but Northwest High just looks ok. Any opinions on which zip code/area is better?
THanks
I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) the 27358 zipcode is in the Northern Middle School and Northern High School district. But... it's not that simple.

Northern Middle School and Northern Highschool are brand new schools and they are phasing them in, so only certain grades will use the new schools untill they are phased in within the next couple of years.

If your kid is in 6th or 7th grade, they will go to Northern Middle this year. If they are in 8th grade they will go to Northwest Middle.

The 9th Graders will be going to northern in January.

Yes, it is possible to have 2 kids from the same house going to two different Middle Schools.

With that said... Both Northwest and Northern are VERY GOOD school areas. Northern Middle is the most eco-friendly school in the entire country.

I have one kid in Northern Middle and one in Northern High. Northern High is currently in portables on the NW campus until the new building is finished in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point