Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 02:28 PM

354 posts, read 627,683 times

Advertisements

So ive been hearing Great & better things lately in The Winston-Salem & Greensboro Area lately, Well moreso Greensboro I never been to the area before, ive been to The Raleigh/Durham area over 1 million times so i know what that is like & ive been to Charlotte one time in my life. So what exactly has the Triad region been doing lately such as infrstructure, revitalization, entertainment, & economic wise im looking forward to a visitation soon I keep Hearing that Greensboro is not too far behind Raleigh either talk to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:48 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstressem22 View Post
So ive been hearing Great & better things lately in The Winston-Salem & Greensboro Area lately, Well moreso Greensboro I never been to the area before, ive been to The Raleigh/Durham area over 1 million times so i know what that is like & ive been to Charlotte one time in my life. So what exactly has the Triad region been doing lately such as infrstructure, revitalization, entertainment, & economic wise im looking forward to a visitation soon I keep Hearing that Greensboro is not too far behind Raleigh either talk to me
Just how old are you? I haven't been anywhere that many times. :P

I like the Triad, but Raleigh is far, far ahead of Greensboro IMO by the measurements you listed.

Where do you live? If you're a frequent visitor to the Triangle, the Triad is just over an hour away. It's not like you have to make plans well in advance - just drive over for an afternoon or evening.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times
Can't speak on the whole Triad but can on Greensboro, There is another center city park planned that will be near the new performance art center(should be done by 2016 I think), you have 3 hotels coming, to downtown, a convention center, the new union square downtown campus (collaboration between the area colleges and moses cone) You have the Gate way gardens, there is seven in total, right now they have built the two along with the gate way center. The Gardens are located right across the street from the Gateway university research park, there is the downtown greenway system, I believe they are on phase 3 right now, it is supposed to connect all surrounding neighborhoods to downtown, and also to all the parks, also I believe Handsbrand is relocating to downtown Greensboro as well.

As mentioned by emelvee, if you visit the triangle all the time, the Triad is really not that far of a trip, The color run is coming on the 19th and it is not too late to sign up, might be a nice time to go.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Just how old are you? I haven't been anywhere that many times. :P

I like the Triad, but Raleigh is far, far ahead of Greensboro IMO by the measurements you listed.

Where do you live? If you're a frequent visitor to the Triangle, the Triad is just over an hour away. It's not like you have to make plans well in advance - just drive over for an afternoon or evening.
lol im like in my mid 20s & yes Raleigh is very much ahead of Greensboro this is true, & I live in ENC Greenville area to be exact so im like prolly 3 hrs away from the triad area.

And Greensboro isnt that far behind if you ask me, it may not exactly be on The Triangle's level or Charlotte's level but its getting there

Old 04-15-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Can't speak on the whole Triad but can on Greensboro, There is another center city park planned that will be near the new performance art center(should be done by 2016 I think), you have 3 hotels coming, to downtown, a convention center, the new union square downtown campus (collaboration between the area colleges and moses cone) You have the Gate way gardens, there is seven in total, right now they have built the two along with the gate way center. The Gardens are located right across the street from the Gateway university research park, there is the downtown greenway system, I believe they are on phase 3 right now, it is supposed to connect all surrounding neighborhoods to downtown, and also to all the parks, also I believe Handsbrand is relocating to downtown Greensboro as well.

As mentioned by emelvee, if you visit the triangle all the time, the Triad is really not that far of a trip, The color run is coming on the 19th and it is not too late to sign up, might be a nice time to go.
thats whats up though sounds like Greensboro is stepping up

Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Winston Salem has more going on than Greensboro...search for Winston Salem tallest buildings and check out the development forum there for more information. For arts and entertainment, try Winston Salem, NC Events Guide - Arts, Dining, Entertainment and Community Calendar in Winston Salem, Piedmont Triad, NC

It's all opinion as far as which city is better, but having lived in both I much prefer Winston Salem.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Its now official. Winston-Salem is "City of Arts and Innovation"

Winston-Salem officially became the "City of Arts and Innovation" during Monday’s meeting of the city council, as the council voted unanimously to choose the words that will appear on highway signs leading into the city.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 AM

111 posts, read 143,589 times
@dontstressem22 Charlotte is known for its banks. Raleigh/Durham area is known for its research parks, education system (UNC, Duke, NC State), technology, health care, and Greensboro/Winston Salem area is known for its textile and art & entertainment...I can't speak much about Winston Salem except its known as the Art & Innovation city. Alot of well known businesses got its start from Winston Salem like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, BB&T, and Wachovia. Also Winston Salem host alot of film festivals. Greensboro nickname is Tournament City, USA. The city host alot of tournaments like the ACC tournament, PGA, national ice skating event. They event host the American Idol and X Factor auditions. The city is currently building 3 hotels in the downtown area and the Steve Tanger performing arts center. Greensboro also have a strong history in the civil rights movement. They built the International Civil Rights museum in honor of the A&T four. The city host alot of prominent events at the Greensboro Coliseum. The city is home of one of the largest water parks in the nation. The city is also building Union Square a nursing program in downtown for A&T, UNCG, and Greensboro College students. The Triad is home to the NC Zoo. I see a brighter future for the Triad area. They need to build a amusement park in the area and look into hosting alot music festival events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point