Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:14 AM

6,164 posts, read 7,243,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazfair View Post
Winston-Salem has had a Wyndham hotel for years.
Winston may have a Wingate by Wyndham or Wyndham Garden hotel but there is no "Wyndham hotel" in Winston-Salem. Currently there is no "Wyndham Hotel" in North Carolina. Raleigh use to have one near the airport but it has changed ownership and has been rebranded as a Hilton.

Just like Greensboro has a "Hyatt Place" hotel but its not the same as a Hyatt Regency which are usually located in major metropolitan markets.

Winston-Salem did at one time have a 700 room Adams Mark hotel years ago which was primarily located in major urban markets. But it was converted to two hotels (Marriott and Embassy Suites) Charlotte use to have an Adams Mark. That brand no longer exists today but a few Adams Mark hotels were rebranded as Wyndham. Before the Holiday Inn Four Seasons in Greensboro (now Sheraton) expanded to over 1,000 rooms, the Adams Mark Winston was the largest hotel in the Triad. Technically it was the first upscale brand chain in the Triad.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-24-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 11:47 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,050,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Winston may have a Wingate by Wyndham or Wyndham Garden hotel but there is no "Wyndham hotel" in Winston-Salem. Currently there is no "Wyndham Hotel" in North Carolina. Raleigh use to have one near the airport but it has changed ownership and has been rebranded as a Hilton.

Just like Greensboro has a "Hyatt Place" hotel but its not the same as a Hyatt Regency which are usually located in major metropolitan markets.

Winston-Salem did at one time have a 700 room Adams Mark hotel years ago which was primarily located in major urban markets. But it was converted to two hotels (Marriott and Embassy Suites) Charlotte use to have an Adams Mark. That brand no longer exists today but a few Adams Mark hotels were rebranded as Wyndham. Before the Holiday Inn Four Seasons in Greensboro (now Sheraton) expanded to over 1,000 rooms, the Adams Mark Winston was the largest hotel in the Triad. Technically it was the first upscale brand chain in the Triad.
Who cares? You always try to bring Greensboro into the threads about Winston Salem. Post this in one of your "Greensboro Hotels" threads? Anytime there is something positive on this site about Winston Salem you feel the need to bring up what Greensboro has in response. It's an insecurity about your city and I don't understand why...Greensboro is a nice city, but your constant promotion of it makes it seem less so.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:42 PM

322 posts, read 667,788 times
There will be only one Kimpton Boutique Hotel in the Carolinas....in Winston-Salem. There is a fairly new one in Savannah GA, and Alexandria VA I think. Most are in much larger markets such as Seattle, Philly, Miami....and in posh destinations such as La Jolla, and Aspen, CO.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,633,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
There will be only one Kimpton Boutique Hotel in the Carolinas....in Winston-Salem. There is a fairly new one in Savannah GA, and Alexandria VA I think. Most are in much larger markets such as Seattle, Philly, Miami....and in posh destinations such as La Jolla, and Aspen, CO.
I'm all for bragging rights for Winston-Salem.

I'll say it again...I can't wait until this gets done. I plan to book a reservation as soon as they open up.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,633,021 times
How Kimpton Hotels chose the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem

They're hoping to open late summer/early fall 2015.
Hotel rooms in the $150-$175/night range.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,405,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
How Kimpton Hotels chose the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem

They're hoping to open late summer/early fall 2015.
Hotel rooms in the $150-$175/night range.
Thanks for posting that. I missed it in the TBJ. Also of note, approx. 175 rooms and 130 apartment units.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 PM

108 posts, read 131,993 times
I know this is kinda off topic but any news on when or what the next building is going to be and open in the biotech campus?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchswcupk View Post
I know this is kinda off topic but any news on when or what the next building is going to be and open in the biotech campus?
The 525@vine building officially opened two weeks ago, making it the latest offering. You can follow the latest at the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter site: Wake Forest Innovation Quarter

Old 06-26-2014, 01:54 PM

108 posts, read 131,993 times
Yeah I saw that but did not know if there were anymore announced plans like at the building with the two smoke stacks near krankies

Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchswcupk View Post
Yeah I saw that but did not know if there were anymore announced plans like at the building with the two smoke stacks near krankies
That's Bailey Power Plant. Last I heard it was being eyed for redevelopment as retail/restaurants, but there was a little talk of relocating SciWorks (interactive science museum currently on the north side of town) to the site.

You can read more about present and future buildings here: Buildings for Innovative Biomedical Science and IT Companies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point