Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:03 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Without any further annexation, it would be amazing for GSO to add 23,000 people in 2 years. I am pretty sure tha no Triad city is experiencing that kind of growth.

To the OP...it depends on what you want as to which city would suit you better. People have already made the point that GSO is much larger than Roanoke, but Roanoke definitely has GSO beat on scenery. The mountain setting is beautiful. Roanoke is the main city within it's metro and doesn't share the limelight with other sizable cities, so it may have almost as much to offer as any Triad city. For example, Roanoke does have a Trader Joe's location.

In other words, GSO is definitely the larger city but because it is part of a metro with 3 other large cities it may not seem that much larger.
Whats up with trader joes? i mean, what is it And that;s true about annexation. but also, whats up with population difference between GSO and WS, seems like they should be the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
Quote:
For example, Roanoke does have a Trader Joe's location...
Trader Joe's does not have a Roanoke, VA location

Old 05-12-2014, 06:38 AM

7 posts, read 15,807 times
Closest Trader Joe's would be WS or Charlottesville, VA

Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Trader Joe's does not have a Roanoke, VA location
Oh my bad...that is in Charlottesville isn't it?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,539 times
Quote:
Without any further annexation, it would be amazing for GSO to add 23,000 people in 2 years. I am pretty sure tha no Triad city is experiencing that kind of growth.

To the OP...it depends on what you want as to which city would suit you better. People have already made the point that GSO is much larger than Roanoke, but Roanoke definitely has GSO beat on scenery. The mountain setting is beautiful. Roanoke is the main city within it's metro and doesn't share the limelight with other sizable cities, so it may have almost as much to offer as any Triad city. For example, Roanoke does have a Trader Joe's location.

In other words, GSO is definitely the larger city but because it is part of a metro with 3 other large cities it may not seem that much larger.
I can assure you that Roanoke does not have a Trader Joe's. Closest is 1.5 hours away.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:08 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaJane View Post
I can assure you that Roanoke does not have a Trader Joe's. Closest is 1.5 hours away.
Yeah I think that's already been covered...scroll up one post prior to yours.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:

I definitely agree with you. GSOCitizen didn't exactly post flattering pictures of Roanoke. I mean, any city is going to look "prettier" at night with all the lights on as opposed to an overcast, gloomy day and an angle shot of a cargo train going by, lol! Roanoke is beautiful! People who are more in love with city life would like Greensboro simply because it is a part of a larger metro area made up of two other cities. So, it does seem bigger than Roanoke and one would assume he has more to offer. However, in terms of finding things in GSO that you won't find in VA, I have to disagree with GSOCitizen on that. Most everything he posted that is found in or around the Greensboro area can be found in VA. Maybe not all in Roanoke, but in neighboring cities. In terms of Roanoke not being as "lively" a city as GSO, I'm not sure I agree with that. Maybe it depends upon, exactly, what type of entertainment you're looking for, but I've known Roanoke to always have things going on for pretty much anything you're wanting to be a part of. Being pretty close to Smith Mountain Lake and Blacksburg (VA Tech) is another great thing about the Roanoke area in my opinion. I also feel Roanoke gives you a bit of everything: Mountains, close access to a nice lake (Smith Mountain Lake resort area), and Virginia Tech.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM

797 posts, read 1,431,087 times
GSOCitizen those things you mentioned may not be in Roanoke but im sure you can go to NOVA, Richmond or the Hampton Roads and find most if not all those diffrent things

Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times

psh, Who are you all kidding, I think roanoke is very beautiful, and it has my favorite place as a backdrop.

Also, i think people are misunderstanding, when i mentioned all that stuff, i was trying to be uppity like a post high cotton once posted about things you wont find in the triad Lol, so please don't take that seriously, i'm not all in VA,So i don't know what all of VA has.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post

psh, Who are you all kidding, I think roanoke is very beautiful, and it has my favorite place as a backdrop.

Also, i think people are misunderstanding, when i mentioned all that stuff, i was trying to be uppity like a post high cotton once posted about things you wont find in the triad Lol, so please don't take that seriously, i'm not all in VA,So i don't know what all of VA has.
LOL! Must've been before my time here! Didn't get the inside joke, sorry about that mate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point