Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 04:25 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,904,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
SOME malls are dying...some are as successful as ever. You really can't use a blanket description like that because it isn't true in all (or even most) cases.
There have been a couple of national docs/news segments about dying malls... take that for what it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Hardee's purchased Roy Rogers from Marriott in the early 90's and added Roy Rogers fried chicken to many Hardee's locations. While at the same time they converted many Roy's in Virginia and Maryland to Hardee's, and the inferior Hardee's food quality backfired. Those stores were converted back to Roy's, but the failed merger resulted in Hardee's and Roy Rogers being sold to other chains. Many of the former Roy's were bought and converted to McDonald's and Wendy's, and the remaining Hardee's chain was purchased by CKE/Carl's Jr. The Greensboro store remained as a hybrid Hardee's/Roy Rogers for a few years before converting to other concepts. Not sure what is there now. But today the remaining independent Roy Rogers franchise is expanding again in Virginia and Maryland, and is seeking new franchisees. Nice clean stores, great fried chicken, burgers, and fixins bar. And a really good roast beef sandwich much better than Arby's. I would love to see Roy Rogers return to Greensboro, as well as Raleigh and Charlotte where I think they could do well.

+rep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 10:02 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
IMO Four Seasons has become a thug haven. I know they are trying to get the loitering to stop but it hasn't. I don't feel safe going after dark. One example...couple years ago, I am sitting at a table with my 16 yo daughter and look across the table and she has a red dot shining in the middle of her forehead. I look up and this guy with his pants hanging off his arse is using a laser pointer. I look up to the second floor level and say stop please. First of all those are also used with guns to spot your target so definitely not cool. Did he stop..NO just laughed and kept on. I told a security guard (oh brother!) what happened and he said that is a problem we haven't been able to stop. I don't see any thugalicious behavior at Friendly Center and it is upscale. Four Seasons at night has cars circling and hangouts in the parking lot. It will most likely go down the same path Carolina Circle Mall did.
Demographic has little to do with Friendly not having issues Four Seasons has. The layout of Friendly is not conducive to loitering because someone loitering looks like they are loitering unlike in a mall. However the Palladium was having a loitering problem at the theater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Did this happen at Carolina Circle? I thought people just stopped going altogether and stores closed due to lack of traffic. I don't remember a crime/thug problem at CCM, but maybe there was one.

This was discussed at length in another thread...Friendly Center IS NOT upscale. Being a nicer shopping experience with nicer stores doesn't equal upscale.
I recall the problem with CCM was mainly Greensboro didn't grow that direction as the developer thought it might. The Wally World out there seems to be a hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point