Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 AM

4 posts, read 21,752 times

Advertisements

Hi I will be going to Highpoint for the first time and I am hoping to purchase furniture for my new house....I live outside of NYC now where the prices are really high for furniture. My question is 1. Where should I go for transitional furniture. I like eathen allen and thomasville but my question is is it really cheaper down there and what should I look out for? We have Thomasville here in NY will I find the same pieces down there for cheaper or will the furniture be the same state to state? Also I was considering going to Boyles anyone like that place? I would love any input anyone might be willing to share about better places to go. Many thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 AM

4 posts, read 15,760 times
Kagan's has a good selection for the price with a large variety of styles including transitional. My wife and I bought this settee there Saturday for a very reasonable price.

Rowe Furniture - Caren (http://www.rowefurniture.com/collections/chairs_accents/caren_settee/default.htm - broken link)

Kagan's:

My Company: Maps (http://rowe-app.rowefurniture.com/weblocator/advantage.asp?address=1628+S+MAIN+ST&city=HIGH+POI NT&stateProvince=NC&PostalCode=27260&country=US&va r1=%3CIMG+SRC%3D%2FIMAGE%2FBRING%5FBOTTOM%2EGIF%3E %3CBR%3E - broken link)

If price is no object, Furnitureland South (business 85 west of s. main st.) is the way to go. VERY large floor with a huge variety of styles. Also, try their salvage store just south of Kagan's.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
JJM

61 posts, read 237,535 times
Furniture Land South gets my vote for selection and design assistance. Yes, the prices can be higher but not always. Case in point... I purchased a sofa four years ago in Virginia. When we moved to High Point last year it was damaged and had to be replaced. We searched the internet to try to find the same sofa. Low and behold, Furnitureland South could order it for us and it was $100.00 less than we paid for it four years earlier. It arrived in 6 wks. and was delivered free of charge. It's as beautiful as the first one. They have a tremendous selection and as my husband says "If you can't find what you want at Furnitureland South then they don't make it". Have fun searching the stores!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM

so furniture land is expensive? How about Boyles? And what about bernardt?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 PM

6 posts, read 28,409 times
I was just in Boyles yesterday and they are running a great sale. They call it a "floor model" sale but you'd be getting new and not off of the floor. Prices were 50% off of list price and on some things you could do even better.

If you go to Boyles, you will be right next to Thomasville Furniture and other furniture stores too so you can check them out as well. And Boyles is right across the street from Furniture Land South too which has a discount place too. Plan to spend the day if you want to buy lots of furniture!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
You can also take the short drive to downtown Thomasville to shop at Thomasville Outlet Store. Everything they carry in the store are items that once a part of the main store.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 AM

thanks I am there for the weekend so I will def. make my way around. How far is the thomasville outlet? I rented a car so I should be able to make it there.....any other ideas? Also anyone know if you can haggle with these stores? Oh and is it really cash or check only or can you bring your American Express?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM

273 posts, read 949,895 times
We bought living room set from Ashley. I didn't really want to go with them, went all over the place and could not find what we were looking for and when we did it was WAY overpriced, I couldn't believe the prices at Ashley were extremely competitive. They don't stock any of the pieces in their showroom and all are made to order. Turn around on our living room was 3-4 weeks. Good luck and happy hunting.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni5470 View Post
thanks I am there for the weekend so I will def. make my way around. How far is the thomasville outlet? I rented a car so I should be able to make it there.....any other ideas? Also anyone know if you can haggle with these stores? Oh and is it really cash or check only or can you bring your American Express?
I would say Thomasvile Outlet is about 10 to 15 minutes from High Point
Since Furniture Land South is off Buisness I 85 take that south to Hwy 109 and turn left til you are in downtown Thomasville (You will see a large statue of a chair Cross the tracks and turn left on the 2nd Main Street (They have two Main Streets) and its on your right beside Thomasville Furniture Plant

Old 01-09-2008, 07:49 AM

thanks sunnykahak! I will check them out...any ideas on whether these places take credit cards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point