Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,836 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a rental to accommodate management staff while they are establishing a new business in Mocksville. Are there rental homes or luxury apartments/townhouses/condos anywhere nearby? Which part of the county should I be looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzevans View Post
I am looking for a rental to accommodate management staff while they are establishing a new business in Mocksville. Are there rental homes or luxury apartments/townhouses/condos anywhere nearby? Which part of the county should I be looking at?
It will be hard to find anything in Mocksville. It is very small. Entire county population is only 40,000.

I would suggest Clemmons or the West side of Winston-Salem. Very easy commute to Mocksville.

You might see from time to time a condo/townhouse for rent in Bermuda Run which is in the Eastern part of the Davie County.

Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzevans View Post
Mocksville proper - doubtful. There are hotels that might offer long-stay rates, but there hasn't been that much transient housing built here.

Clemmons is right across the Yadkin River. If you want something readily accessible, look up the David Drye apartments right on 158. That's a straight shot from Mocksville; 158 starts here; mapquest says it's about 20 miles from downtown Mocksville. I'm in no way endorsing that development - personally, I loathe the Drye Enterprises politics - but we pass those apartments whenever we head to Hanes Mall (farther down on 158). They look like the kind of place that would work with short-term relocation and are near all the conveniences. There is a grocery store just a skip up the road, very close to I-40, a few restaurants close to that area with much more just down the road at the major shopping zone that comprises Hanes Mall Blvd.

On a related note: thanks for bringing more business to Mocksville It's a nice area; we've enjoyed the past 10 years of residence; and it's a worthy area for diverse enterprises. I'm glad to see business development in places other than Charlotte or Raleigh, which are seen as the be-all and end-all of places to work, for some

Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,836 times
Thank you for the input on Mocksville and surrounding areas. We are looking forward to expanding our business in Mocksville and relocating a few of our key employees, and then hiring scores of locals.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Local Davie County people born and bred are NOT very accepting of outsiders. Be aware.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 01-21-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Old 01-21-2008, 03:45 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Local Davie County people born and bred are NOT very accepting of outsiders. Be aware.
::laughs:: Wellll ....

Since it seems a large portion of transplants live on the eastern side: Bermuda Run, Advance, Hillsdale, anyone relocating there would be hard pressed to come across a lot of locals

We've lived on the other side of the county for years and get along with everyone one just fine. But then, we have also made it a point to not stand out as transplants. Particularly on the hot bed issues of the last few years: the possibility of a nuclear power plant on the Yadkin, the bond and tax levies for the schools, we've talked to our neighbors and others in the county to understand their view.

As the OP noted, they'll be bringing in a few key people, then hiring locals. I can't think of a better way to ingratiate yourself with the community.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
::laughs:: Wellll ....

Since it seems a large portion of transplants live on the eastern side: Bermuda Run, Advance, Hillsdale, anyone relocating there would be hard pressed to come across a lot of locals

We've lived on the other side of the county for years and get along with everyone one just fine. But then, we have also made it a point to not stand out as transplants. Particularly on the hot bed issues of the last few years: the possibility of a nuclear power plant on the Yadkin, the bond and tax levies for the schools, we've talked to our neighbors and others in the county to understand their view.

As the OP noted, they'll be bringing in a few key people, then hiring locals. I can't think of a better way to ingratiate yourself with the community.
I am glad you are accepting towards outsiders. My parents moved 4 years ago into Bermuda Run West neighborhood off of 801. When some locals ask them where they live and moved from (Forsyth County), they made a comment that Forsyth People need to stop moving to Davie County and they should tear the bridge down that links Davie & Forsyth County. How stupid of a redneck to say something like that. Probably 75% or more of Davie residents work and shop and eat in Forsyth County.

If it were not for all the Eastern Davie County transpalnts (Bermuda Run, Bermuda Run West, Oak Valley, etc)...Davie County would loose over 1/2 of their entire tax base. Do they not realize how much property tax money they pump into Davie County or they just a little jealous?

I personally like Davie County...the ruralness and think it is great. But some of the attitude of the life long residents isn't very welcoming. And 1 High Scool for the entire county is a joke! Residents even voted that down. I can guarantee the Eastern Davie residents did NOT vote it down either.

My parents have NEVER encountered anything like that while living in Forsyth County ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point