Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:38 PM

43 posts, read 109,818 times

Advertisements

My husband and I plan to relocate to the Graham - Mebane area later this year because our daughter moved to Raleigh four years ago and loves the warmer weather. We currently live in rural rhode island. We like the look of the newer townhomes/condminiums we have seen online in the Graham area. Does anyone have any information good or bad on Shamrock Point or The Villas on Hanaford? Otrher suggestions for a nice townhome community reasonably priced. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 27,812 times
I live in Greensboro but work in Graham. Graham is not the nicest area. There's a pretty high gang activity in the area. You'd probably be better off living in Burlington. JMO

Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,499,182 times
actually,all the gang activity i have heard about has been in burlington...

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM

30 posts, read 75,525 times
Mebane in my opinion is the nicest of the areas between Greensboro and Hillsborough. If your looking specifically at townhomes try the Villages at Copperstone in Mebane. They are extremely nice and in a very quite area about 3 miles from Downtown Mebane and about 1 1/2 miles from I-40/85. There are also several other new home and townhome communities withing several miles.

JTM

Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM

12 posts, read 41,357 times
Shamrock is very nice. I know the onsite agent out there and what's nice is that they are new and very convenient to everything. Yet, they are tucked away in a very rural setting. I think you'd enjoy it there!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:42 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,647,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Courts View Post
Shamrock is very nice. I know the onsite agent out there and what's nice is that they are new and very convenient to everything. Yet, they are tucked away in a very rural setting. I think you'd enjoy it there!
We live right down the street from Shamrock. In fact we looked in those developments a year ago and it seems to me that there are not that many more homes there now than a year ago. They were nice they just didn't have a style that suited us. We have been curious as to why no one is buying there but are buying and building in our development and others in the area.

And we haven't seen any problems here at all with gangs. Graham is a beautiful town. Burlington and Greensboro seem to have a lot more problems.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Smile Thanks everyone

Thank you all for the information. We did look at the Villages at Copperstone last summer and were impressed with the homes. We are coming down to visit our daughter again in August so we will be looking again in the Mebane/Graham areas as well as Johnson county though that seems a little higher costwise for us. This time we will have our place listed for sale and hope to move in December when I can retire from my full time librarian's job.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,499,182 times
i am assuming that you are over 55? there is a section of Ashbury in Mebane that has "cottages" and are pre selling condos right now. i just went to see them on behalf of some family members and they are very nice! they will have their own pool and activity center sperate from the others since there are apartments and single homes in ashbury who use the amenities...

Old 04-21-2008, 02:24 PM

12 posts, read 41,357 times
Default Villlages at Copperstone

The Villages at Copperstone is by Cimmarron Homes. I know they are an awesome builder, they are local and very hands on. Highly recommneded. I love that area and it's growing at a peaceful rate. Well wishes!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-21-2008 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: compliance with tos

Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Smile update on our move to NC

We visited our daughter over the last two weeks and decided on a townhome in Shamrock Pointe in Graham. Of course that is contingent on selling our home in RI where the market is extremely slow right now. We toured several developments and drove through the Clayton area as well but that was way too crowded for us. we liked the looks of Graham and everyone we dealt with was very nice. Hopefully we will relocate there before 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point