Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 07:07 PM

92 posts, read 297,403 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know whats going on with the property on the corner of Big Tree and Wendover where those two gas stations used to be? What happened with the K&W restaurant closing? Somebody, anybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
I wondered about that, too. The News & Record used to publish public records online and you could see what properties were about to get a new building or do some remodeling. I don't see it there anymore though. I wish it was still there. I liked checking it out from time to time.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:40 AM

52 posts, read 188,419 times
they still do. its under the News tab and says public records. its right next to divorces and marriages

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=NRPUBRECS&template=idx (broken link)

Old 03-15-2008, 07:14 AM

Default looking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedrumble View Post
they still do. its under the News tab and says public records. its right next to divorces and marriages

Public Records : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina (http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=NRPUBRECS&template=idx - broken link)
I wonder if that info would be archived. I went through the news-record the other day thinking I'd find something, but considering those stores were closed (i think) prior to the end of 07 it wouldn't be today's news.

I thought maybe someone had some inside info on the plans for the space, but i do thank you for that link Distorted

Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedrumble View Post

Public Records : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina (http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=NRPUBRECS&template=idx - broken link)
Thanks. I missed that. Obviously. lol

Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
That K & W has been "closing" for a while.

I think they are building a new, bigger service station there, from what I hear.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:01 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,887,712 times
Default K & W

I stopped at that K&W once on my way through town and I couldn't believe the rude people that worked there and the general sloppiness of the place.
It was so unlike other K&Ws in the area. Oh well I guess that did the trick!!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhometriad View Post
That K & W has been "closing" for a while.

I think they are building a new, bigger service station there, from what I hear.
A little competition for Sheetz i suppose?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
I stopped at that K&W once on my way through town and I couldn't believe the rude people that worked there and the general sloppiness of the place.
It was so unlike other K&Ws in the area. Oh well I guess that did the trick!!
Everytime I ventured off into the K&W I was greeted with nothing but silence. I swear sometimes I thought i was invisible because I couldn't get anyone to speak until they asked if I wanted water or tea.

I think their food (at this location) was horrible anyway. Very similar to an all u can eat buffet at a slummy vegas hotel. gross.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 8,983 times
Default K&w

K&W closed because the rent was too high and the location was not great. Hard to see from main road. I believe that was the reason they stated in newspaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point