Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 10:29 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,906,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
This thread needs to be resurrected

Besides Lewis and Elm, and State Street Wine Company, are there any other places of similar concept in greensboro? Where you can just go in and order a glass or wine and sit and talk?
Thank you, BLT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2022, 05:00 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,059,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
The bars at both Printworks and Green Valley Grill are both nice. The wine selections are extensive.
Printworks is excellent and one of our favorites. Green Valley Grill is nice as well but their menus don't typically scream out to us like Printworks.

I was a fan of B. Christophers the one time we went. White and Wood was also excellent when we went (don't get too attached to the menu though, it'll be completely different next time you go back).

On a side note, before it closed did anyone make it to Cities in Winston-Salem? Talk about a bizarre concept (not necessarily in a bad way). We were in the room that had a giant screen of skylines from around the world that it would project onto the wall (I think the bar may have had a smaller version of this too). Food was OK, but nothing write home about (menu was sort of like Chili's meets Mediterranean). It closed soon after we went... but I was hoping to go back... if only for the unique atmosphere.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:13 AM

389 posts, read 292,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Printworks is excellent and one of our favorites. Green Valley Grill is nice as well but their menus don't typically scream out to us like Printworks.

I was a fan of B. Christophers the one time we went. White and Wood was also excellent when we went (don't get too attached to the menu though, it'll be completely different next time you go back).

On a side note, before it closed did anyone make it to Cities in Winston-Salem? Talk about a bizarre concept (not necessarily in a bad way). We were in the room that had a giant screen of skylines from around the world that it would project onto the wall (I think the bar may have had a smaller version of this too). Food was OK, but nothing write home about (menu was sort of like Chili's meets Mediterranean). It closed soon after we went... but I was hoping to go back... if only for the unique atmosphere.

CITIES will always be my favorite restaurant. Still can't get over that it closed. Was a very beautiful building inside and out! The projection dining room was a great feature. The bar had some best cocktails. The last time I sent there I had a Gummy bear martini which was just as yummy as it sounds! It was def my go to place to take a date back when I lived in Winston early 2000s. I don't think anything has moved in to it's location yet has it? Also Blu which is near by it is good too. Nice atmosphere inside.. Midtown deserty use to be another go to spot in Winston but last few times I went have been lackluster with skimpy portions... I feel like it's one of those restaurants that's is more popular for it's location then food...

Old 12-29-2022, 10:14 AM

333 posts, read 79,670 times
Mariscos Marlin Restaurant moved into the old Cities building. I haven't been but I've heard it's good

Old 12-29-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
CITIES will always be my favorite restaurant. Still can't get over that it closed. Was a very beautiful building inside and out! The projection dining room was a great feature. The bar had some best cocktails. The last time I sent there I had a Gummy bear martini which was just as yummy as it sounds! It was def my go to place to take a date back when I lived in Winston early 2000s. I don't think anything has moved in to it's location yet has it? Also Blu which is near by it is good too. Nice atmosphere inside.. Midtown deserty use to be another go to spot in Winston but last few times I went have been lackluster with skimpy portions... I feel like it's one of those restaurants that's is more popular for it's location then food...
Bleu was good the one time I went. I havent been back since mainly because i just havent thought about it. I dont recall it being anything special and seemed a little overpriced IIRC. As for Cities, I don't remember much about drinks but we were coming from Foothills just up the road so we probably skipped alcoholic beverages.

I've heard mixed reviews about Marisco's. I've heard they're extremely overpriced.

We tried JL Caspers recently in ROAR though and it was pretty good. The new menu (brought to you by a new chef) was much needed.

Old 12-30-2022, 09:37 PM

678 posts, read 497,185 times
Quote:

I finally made it to Printworks for the first time a couple of Saturdays ago for brunch. I enjoyed my meal, and the atmosphere as well. I want to return during the warmer months and eat outside.

I went to Cities once, for my mother's birthday. The interior was unique with all of the Skylines. I enjoyed my meal.

Old 01-14-2023, 08:23 PM

678 posts, read 497,185 times
Any recommendations on a good casual lunch spot in Greensboro? Not somewhere you would necessarily take a date, just a regular Saturday lunch. Nothing particularly fancy, but nowhere that I would be among the riff-raff Places that I have never been, but popped in my head include, Kau, Scrambled, BItes and Pints, Lindley Filling Station, Freeman's Grub & Pub, Fishbones ..

Old 01-15-2023, 01:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,427,842 times
I've been to all of those and I think they fit your criteria. (I don't know your definition of "riff raff" so don't be mad at me if you see some.)I especially like Freeman's and Fishbones. Have you looked at "Cille and 'Score downtown? It's my new favorite spot.

Old 01-15-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I've been to all of those and I think they fit your criteria. (I don't know your definition of "riff raff" so don't be mad at me if you see some.)I especially like Freeman's and Fishbones. Have you looked at "Cille and 'Score downtown? It's my new favorite spot.
I've been wanting to get to Cille and Scoe and intend to soon. I see their chef will be on Chopped soon.

Another more no frills place but I've heard good things about is Chez Genese.

Old 01-16-2023, 06:14 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,427,842 times
Quote:
I've been wanting to get to Cille and Scoe and intend to soon. I see their chef will be on Chopped soon.

Another more no frills place but I've heard good things about is Chez Genese.
Chez Genese is lovely. I've only been once for brunch. It was delicious. Let me know what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point