Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 553 times

Advertisements

A little information so that others can give some advise.

My g/f and I have ran into a major stumbling block. We have two children in the home a 13 y/o female with Autism who does have an IEP. The 14 y/o male does not. Previously due to circumstances in Mo. he was home schooled for 3 years. He has severe social anxiety issues that make public school a traumatic event. They moved here with me 4 months ago where the mother wanted to try public school again for his development. When we asked for an IEP for him they said he had to be there a while (unknown what a while construes) for them to evaluate that. The problem comes in that he can do a day or two but not beyond that before he has to regress for a few days before he can try again. At this point they cite his truancy and is in danger of that fact. We have him in therapy and sees the Psychologist in 8 days. It is getting increasingly frustrating to get him the help he needs to potentially cope in a smaller class, lesser people under an IEP. Right now, because he "has" to go he is having thoughts of hurting others which he vocalized to the councilor at school where upon we got DSS sicked on us. They know his being there is harmful to him yet they are not trying in my opinion to be helpful. Right now we are not sending him for his welfare, but yet not going is against his welfare too. It has become a lesser of the two evils. We have verbalized the request for an IEP, information I have seen says if its verbal it didn't happen and to make it written, which was done tonight.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 01:37 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
I wish I could help you. Perhaps there is some information here that will help:

https://ec.ncpublicschools.gov/paren...nthandbook.pdf

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: