Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2020, 03:26 PM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times

Advertisements

I'll soon be working and staying near the Greensboro area and need to know where the areas to look for an apartment as well as areas to stay away from. (high crime etc)

I'm not familiar with the area at all, but the info I've seen about crime in the Greensboro area isn't very encouraging.

What about Burlington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 03:47 PM

773 posts, read 648,418 times
Where is your job location exactly? Generally speaking, the west and northwest parts of G'boro are the nicest and safest (exceptions do exist). Burlington isn't part of Greensboro, nor, imo, is it really part of the Greensboro "area" relative to this discussion.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:41 PM

241 posts, read 239,205 times
There are nice, safe apartments in every part of the city so you shouldn't feel like you have to limit yourself to 1 area. A better question is what's your budget? This will give you an indication of what you can expect in the way of safety/amenities, etc. There are 2 bedroom apartments you could rent for less than $600. People will move in, then complain about the neighborhood. In Greensboro, you can definitely expect to get what you pay for.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:07 PM

16 posts, read 16,309 times
If u dont mind a quieter part of Greensboro I would say the North side, (NORTH, not confused w/ northwest) that is along hwy 29 north and church st/Yanceyville st, cone blvd. Summit view and blackthorn apartments. You'd be close to the quiet Brown's Summit, so slower paced and very likely safe, (all while likely being cheaper than the West and Northwest)

Areas I'd avoid like the plague are near the part of 29 SOUTH of cone blvd (east market, phillips ave, EAST wendover, Huffine, McConnell road) and going towards old 421 (martin luther king jr). This is the EAST side, where the bulk of crime and drug activity takes place)

Old 12-17-2020, 07:33 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Where is your job location exactly? Generally speaking, the west and northwest parts of G'boro are the nicest and safest (exceptions do exist). Burlington isn't part of Greensboro, nor, imo, is it really part of the Greensboro "area" relative to this discussion.

It's close enough to be relevant to my situation.

As is Mebane and as far South as Asheboro.

Not looking to be North or West of Greensboro, logisticly speaking.

Looking for something less urban but still close to amenities like decent selection of restaurants, grocery stores etc.

Budget is $800-$1200/month.

Last edited by FatBob96; 12-17-2020 at 07:44 AM..

Old 12-17-2020, 07:42 AM

61 posts, read 63,802 times
Agree with all the insights already provided. Your budget will dictate much. If you cannot go N or NW of GSO, then you need to go up hwy 29 as noted above which will still be outside of the city area.

Since it sounds like you need to be more on the eastern side towards Burlington/Mebane, I recommend you can look at Burlington. You might like that area more. Mebane is also an option. I would not recommend Asheboro. East GSO is not where you want to be.

If you MUST be in GSO, I recommend you look at the areas right around UNC-G. But again, there are pockets in that area that are also not great (Gate City Blvd area). It is so specific that one road over can make all the difference.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:22 AM

241 posts, read 239,205 times
Innisbrook apartments is an option if you want to be closer to Greensboro. It's right off the highway to the east of the city in between Greensboro and Burlington. https://www.apartments.com/innisbroo...ro-nc/4zd99ej/
I like Mebane as well. It puts you closer to Durham and the Triangle to the east and Greensboro/Triad to the west. Its a lot of land you're covering with your stated options so a lot will depend on what's most convenient for you and your commute.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:23 PM

773 posts, read 648,418 times
Again, where is the job location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point