Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 04:22 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I second the Jamestown area. It’s a wonderful community that’s close to everything.
Live in Winston-Salem. It's nicer and the people are friendlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 01:03 PM

97 posts, read 70,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Live in Winston-Salem. It's nicer and the people are friendlier.
You can safely ignore the troll above.

I second all of the suggestions above. No need to live in Summerfield/Oak Ridge unless you really want to. Even with the increase in real estate, you can still get a great house for 400k in most of the neighborhoods near Friendly Center (Green Valley, Hamilton Forest, Hamilton Lakes, etc. - maybe Starmount or Sunset Hills if you are lucky). These areas are centrally located to anything you would want to do in Greensboro. Welcome!

Old 05-21-2021, 01:20 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
I've personally always liked Kernersville. VERY centrally located to anywhere in the GWS area and a really nice town.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:56 PM

12,158 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Kernersville is a bit.. rural? No? I did some google street views and it looks small and very country. Not sure OP was looking for that.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thomas View Post
You can safely ignore the troll above.

I second all of the suggestions above. No need to live in Summerfield/Oak Ridge unless you really want to. Even with the increase in real estate, you can still get a great house for 400k in most of the neighborhoods near Friendly Center (Green Valley, Hamilton Forest, Hamilton Lakes, etc. - maybe Starmount or Sunset Hills if you are lucky). These areas are centrally located to anything you would want to do in Greensboro. Welcome!
Yes, that's right. Ignore anything that doesn't uplift Greensboro. We're well aware of the homers' flawed strategy. The same way you safely ignore the crime statistics in that town.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:22 PM

511 posts, read 510,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Kernersville is a bit.. rural? No? I did some google street views and it looks small and very country. Not sure OP was looking for that.
Kernersville is a lot less rural than Oak Ridge and Summerfield. It is a small town but it's nestled so close in the middle of the Triad, it's close to everything.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:28 PM

12,158 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Yes, that's right. Ignore anything that doesn't uplift Greensboro. We're well aware of the homers' flawed strategy. The same way you safely ignore the crime statistics in that town.
No offense, as an outsider, Outside Winstons Downtown. Not one bit of it was appealing. Very incohesive and lacked the good qualities that Greensboro has.

Greensboro is what the post is on about, so just keep it on topic

Old 05-21-2021, 06:45 PM

80 posts, read 69,354 times
Incohesive? The GSO homers always pick some indecipherable term to make up a reason their town is so much better than others. What the hell does that even mean? GSO doesn’t have some special “cohesion” that separates it from WS or any other town. No areas outside downtown are appealing? So the Wake Forest / Reynolda Village area isn’t appealing? I’d love to hear what areas outside of downtown make GSO so special and cohesive lol.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
Incohesive? The GSO homers always pick some indecipherable term to make up a reason their town is so much better than others. What the hell does that even mean? GSO doesn’t have some special “cohesion” that separates it from WS or any other town. No areas outside downtown are appealing? So the Wake Forest / Reynolda Village area isn’t appealing? I’d love to hear what areas outside of downtown make GSO so special and cohesive lol.
B-V-R we all know the game.

Take it from someone who knows alot about cities, Winston-Salem has my vote.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
No offense, as an outsider, Outside Winstons Downtown. Not one bit of it was appealing. Very incohesive and lacked the good qualities that Greensboro has.

Greensboro is what the post is on about, so just keep it on topic
Didn't the OP ask about places to live in the area? He mentioned Kernersville which is next to Winston-Salem.

How is mentioning W-S as an option off topic?

Maybe you should read what is actually written, versus reading what you'd like to focus on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point