Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 05:10 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
Mask mandates are in fact unconstitutional.. LOOK IT UP. Don't get all smug liberal with me.

I am in the center. and I manage to still meet extremist idiots like you.

The hate comes from ALL OVER so lets stop the divisive nonsense now. I have my GD beliefs about wearing masks. You have yours but its stupid.
Umm, ok, I did look it up:

https://clsbluesky.law.columbia.edu/...onal-question/
https://news.yahoo.com/mask-mandates...090000720.html

Perhaps you should do the same?

Also, you might want to peruse this site's Terms of Service:

"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website."

Then of course, there's this bit of timeless wisdom you should consider:

"Putting someone down with name calling reveals your own low self esteem"

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Owen Wister; 08-14-2021 at 05:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 08:13 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
It answers itself. I am paying just as much or more to be in Columbia right now with more limited opportunities.
Just curious but what field are you in and how is the job market in that field in each area?

Greensboro is considerably less expensive (though the gap has closed some over the last 5 years). But the general job market is better in Raleigh.. and that gap is widening.

Both are fairly diverse and open minded in the right sections of "town".

That said, you seem to be trying to talk yourself into Raleigh.

Last edited by HRVT; 08-14-2021 at 08:36 AM..

Old 08-15-2021, 03:58 AM

346 posts, read 308,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Just curious but what field are you in and how is the job market in that field in each area?

Greensboro is considerably less expensive (though the gap has closed some over the last 5 years). But the general job market is better in Raleigh.. and that gap is widening.

Both are fairly diverse and open minded in the right sections of "town".

That said, you seem to be trying to talk yourself into Raleigh.

Ya or its going to be Charlotte now, its a closer drive as well.

What field, menial jobs. I am not with Amazon or anything like that. I've done supermarket work, Five Guys kinda stuff etc.

I wouldn't think Greensboro would have a ton of all around opportunities with social stuff and the job market. Both tend to go hand and hand I think anyhow. If people have no jobs or few jobs compared to some places, they might just keep to themselves and be more anti social as the upward mobility isn't high in general.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:50 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Honestly, if you are mixed-race (and you don't precisely say that, but say you are presumed as such) then Durham is a good place to look, both for ***** folx and probably the most race-aware city in NC.

Check with the Durham LGBTQ Center, which I believe is run by a trans, nonwhite person. Durham is a lot cheaper than Raleigh but close enough to both Raleigh and Chapel Hill that getting among them is very easy. I live in Raleigh but most of my activities are in Durham.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:22 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Mask mandates are in fact unconstitutional.
You are wrong.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:43 PM

210 posts, read 198,980 times
I'd pick Raleigh any day over Greensboro. It is more expensive but better location, more to do, closer to beaches, etc.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:18 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
As a Gay Man Myself , I'd say choose Raleigh or Charlotte.. Greensboro LGBTQ world is mostly made of college age people. The LGBTQ Young professionals head out for bigger cities after they are done with college. It's a smaller group too then what you would find in CLT or RDU.. Some places I feel fine holding a dates hand such as Downtown Gso and Friendly Center.. outside of those aeras I do keep my guard up.. Not sure if u mentioned ur age but if ur looking for a bigger group of LGBTQ over the age of 25 then mark GSO off ur list..

Old 09-22-2021, 02:39 PM

68 posts, read 43,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarino View Post
I'd pick Raleigh any day over Greensboro. It is more expensive but better location, more to do, closer to beaches, etc.
Gotcha but you're farther from the mountains lol. ....but I'd definitely say there's more to do but honestly Raleigh is fairly boring as well.

Old 09-23-2021, 06:25 AM

210 posts, read 198,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjgso View Post
Gotcha but you're farther from the mountains lol. ....but I'd definitely say there's more to do but honestly Raleigh is fairly boring as well.
It is, but at least you're in a bigger city with somewhat more to do.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:45 AM

68 posts, read 43,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarino View Post
It is, but at least you're in a bigger city with somewhat more to do.
Bigger boring I guess... Hey listen the exponential job growth is awesome, but the over-hyping of Raleigh gets old on this board. As a well traveled retired musician, you use the word "city" very loosely.

Last edited by robertjgso; 09-23-2021 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point