Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 11:33 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,165,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjgso View Post
Bigger boring I guess... Hey listen the exponential job growth is awesome, but the over-hyping of Raleigh gets old on this board. As a well traveled retired musician, you use the word "city" very loosely.
Why does this bother you?

Have you even visited Raleigh lately (like in the last 5 years)? With so many younger people moving to Raleigh, out of state developers looking for any available land for mixed use projects, as well as many natives returning home from bigger cities, it must not be that boring. But go ahead, believe whatever narrative that you'd like.

Last edited by uncchgrad; 09-23-2021 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 12:18 PM

68 posts, read 43,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Why does this bother you?

Have you even visited Raleigh lately (like in the last 5 years)? With so many younger people moving to Raleigh, out of state developers looking for any available land for mixed use projects, as well as many natives returning home from bigger cities, it must not be that boring. But go ahead, believe whatever narrative that you'd like.
I don't have to "believe" any "narrative". My son finished at State 2 years ago ...and I was just there last Friday at Sam Jones BBQ on Lenoir. I know Raleigh well. ...no need for "narratives". Good buzzword though!

Old 09-23-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I don't have to "believe" any "narrative". My son finished at State 2 years ago ...and I was just there last Friday at Sam Jones BBQ on Lenoir. I know Raleigh well. ...no need for "narratives". Good buzzword though!
Well i'll just say that your "belief" differs from that of many people that I've met...that actually live here and some who've visited and are now anxious to live here.

Sounds like Greensboro is exactly your speed.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:43 PM

"Sounds like Greensboro is exactly your speed."

Nice try! Though I'm not in Greensboro now, I'm proud to say I'm from there...and will return one day! Relax uncchgrad ...bottom line is Raleigh is a mediocre town that happens to be growing really fast. No biggie. By the way, maybe we have something in common, I did my 4 years in Hinton James. You?

Old 09-23-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
"Sounds like Greensboro is exactly your speed."

Nice try! Though I'm not in Greensboro now, I'm proud to say I'm from there...and will return one day! Relax uncchgrad ...bottom line is Raleigh is a mediocre town that happens to be growing really fast. No biggie. By the way, maybe we have something in common, I did my 4 years in Hinton James. You?
You were smart enough to leave, huh?

Hinton James, Carmichael, and Stacy.

What years?

Last edited by uncchgrad; 09-23-2021 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-23-2021, 07:16 PM

80-84 undergrad then pharmacy school...and yes I left the Triangle after college. Btw thanks for the friendly banter ...and gsoboi if you see this message just wanted to tell you you're a legend with the Gboro crew in Chicago! Keep up the great work.

Last edited by robertjgso; 09-23-2021 at 08:44 PM..

Old 09-24-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
80-84 undergrad then pharmacy school...and yes I left the Triangle after college. Btw thanks for the friendly banter ...and gsoboi if you see this message just wanted to tell you you're a legend with the Gboro crew in Chicago! Keep up the great work.
Any credibility you might of had is certainly now blown to hell.

Old 09-25-2021, 08:05 AM

uncchgrad? When you said "might OF had"........ YOUR credibility was blown. ...and it was sad. So nothing more to prove here. Valete! Type away my friend, you'll be bickering by yourself. I'm going to let this thread get back to its roots.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
uncchgrad? When you said "might OF had"........ YOUR credibility was blown. ...and it was sad. So nothing more to prove here. Valete! Type away my friend, you'll be bickering by yourself. I'm going to let this thread get back to its roots.
Yep, you’re definitely from Greensboro.

Old 09-27-2021, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Yep, you’re definitely from Greensboro.
Dude I think he won that battle so let it go. You should give the Charlotte forum a shot. They'd love you over there.

Last edited by QClife; 09-27-2021 at 05:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point