Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 05:41 PM

392 posts, read 299,799 times

Advertisements

Soo does anyone know If there are any road improvements that are planned to make traveling on hwy 29 safer? I really avoid taking that route . Does anyone know if there is any talks of traffic pattern changes or speed changes in the works for 29? IT seems everytime I hear about a major wreck it involves thay highway..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 07:30 PM

698 posts, read 506,418 times
I do believe some improvements are scheduled to be made, re-doing those Wendover/Bessemer avenue interchanges...but we are years away from construction. The biggest issue I see is the lack of shoulders from basically 16th street until Gate City Blvd. If somebody breaks down, there is no room to pull over and that makes for a very dangerous situation. At one time they had planned to route Interstate 785 onto 29, and redo the interchange with 40, but went ahead and put it on the Urban Loop instead. It would cost WAY too much money to get that stretch up to interstate standards. Alot of houses and businesses right next to the highway.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:49 AM

thanks for some insite @BlueDevilFan . I had to go to over to Elm/Eugene way and I took 840 to get there. It may have added on 10 min driving time max but it def was worth it from not having to drive on 29 and be ball of nerves the whole drive ..

Old 09-02-2021, 08:30 AM

97 posts, read 72,250 times
Now that 840/785 is complete on the east side of town, there is no need for 29/O'Henry Boulevard to be a freeway. The overpasses and interchanges should be demolished, and the road should be turned into a surface boulevard with facilities for pedestrians and bicycles, akin to what Murrow Boulevard has become with the downtown greenway. This solution would be safer for all users of the road, and eliminate an ugly gash through the middle of East Greensboro.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:02 AM

Ohh that would be nice! It def seems like with the lack of shoulders to pull over and with the short exits that hwy was poorly designed. Not to mention no one going the speed limit. When ever I'm on it it seems like people ride my butt . God forbid I have to tap the break or they gonna slam into the back of me.. Im pretty sure from here on out , I'll take 840 even if it adds more drive time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: