Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 04:24 PM

8,784 posts, read 5,083,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Boey View Post
CoffeeDrunk62 - I completely agree with your views on this.

There wouldn’t be a need for this if it weren’t for the Biden administration supporting illegal immigration. There is no reason for this to be smack in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. And let’s not forget, the “minors” being held here will be getting better healthcare, education and other services than many of the children of taxpayers here in Greensboro.
I do not live in your beautiful state, but I totally agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 04:35 PM

22 posts, read 14,837 times
I think it would be a good idea to stick to the facts. Biden's administration has continued the same immigration policies as Trump...all asylum seekers are still being held in Mexico. In terms of services for minors who are immigrants here in the US, what enhanced educational, medical, etc, services are they receiving?

Old 06-12-2022, 06:22 PM

9 posts, read 7,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzlam View Post
I think it would be a good idea to stick to the facts. Biden's administration has continued the same immigration policies as Trump...all asylum seekers are still being held in Mexico. In terms of services for minors who are immigrants here in the US, what enhanced educational, medical, etc, services are they receiving?
“ Biden's administration has continued the same immigration policies as Trump...all asylum seekers are still being held in Mexico.” ….
This is an absurd statement. Do you read or watch the news? Do you not realize that Biden has been releasing thousands and thousands into the US? Most of whom will never show up for their immigration hearing because they know they will lose their case. This administration is basically helping the cartels smuggle illegals into the US.

And let’s face it, no matter what your opinion of the previous president, he had the border nearly shut down. The border is being overrun now because of confusing statements made by this administration as well as the lifting of many Trump polices. Policies that actually worked. I’m sure your next argument would be the “kids in cages”….but, you would be wrong on that as well because the photos that circulated throughout the mainstream media were actually taken during the Obama administration.

But, back to the original intent of the post…. Why would anyone want this in their suburban neighborhood? This should be located on the border, if anywhere at all.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:55 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,429,246 times
OP, where are you?

Do you know anything about Greensboro?

Old 06-17-2022, 08:05 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,062,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
OP, where are you?

Do you know anything about Greensboro?
I'm guessing no.

Looks more like a political nut trying to fly by and spew propaganda.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
I'm guessing no.

Looks more like a political nut trying to fly by and spew propaganda.
That's what I thought too. Anybody that knows anything about this place knows how we do.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:02 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,062,357 times
Quote:
That's what I thought too. Anybody that knows anything about this place knows how we do.
The OP has three posts all time on City Data. He/She has three posts in this thread.

So yeah, his/her post is just thinly veiled racism and right wing propaganda. But it has stirred up a few others from other boards too.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
The OP has three posts all time on City Data. He/She has three posts in this thread.

So yeah, his/her post is just thinly veiled racism and right wing propaganda. But it has stirred up a few others from other boards too.
I would rep you but it won't let me!

Old 06-17-2022, 06:53 PM

682 posts, read 499,049 times
Personally I see no problems with housing these children at the site. Give these kids a more humane place to stay as they wait for their situations to be adjudicated. Perhaps it can provide a few jobs in the food service, housekeeping, and maintenance industries

Quote:

Spot on

Quote:
I would rep you but it won't let me!
I repped him for you

Old 06-18-2022, 03:57 AM

34,113 posts, read 83,076,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Boey View Post
Illegal Immigrants Will Be Held at ...
If they're ILLEGAL they aren't immigrants.
Their aspiration does not define their status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point