Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 03:12 PM

9 posts, read 7,442 times

Advertisements

According to the below CBS news article, HHS has recently informed Congress that they are “setting up a housing facility at a campus in Greensboro, North Carolina”

I wonder what that will do to property values?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/imm...r-becerra/#app

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...uncertain/amp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 04:36 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,907,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Boey View Post
According to the below CBS news article, HHS has recently informed Congress that they are “setting up a housing facility at a campus in Greensboro, North Carolina”

I wonder what that will do to property values?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/imm...r-becerra/#app

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...uncertain/amp/
I didn’t see a specific location in the cbs article unless I missed it.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:11 PM

75 posts, read 227,533 times
Yikes. That’s not good for the area. I wonder why this isn’t covered more in depth by the local news?

Old 06-10-2022, 07:25 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,539,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
I didn’t see a specific location in the cbs article unless I missed it.
The second article focuses on the American Hebrew Academy which has been closed for a few years. It says that federal officials have visited the campus as well as other locations in the region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPmode View Post
Yikes. That’s not good for the area. I wonder why this isn’t covered more in depth by the local news?
I think a humanitarian effort to house unaccompanied minors (the article says it would likely be 12-18 year olds) in more appropriate facilities than they have been housed in the past is laudable.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:00 AM

75 posts, read 227,533 times
Well, I disagree. I wouldn't want it in my backyard.

This administration should keep it’s self made border disaster out of North Carolina.

Old 06-11-2022, 06:36 AM

46 posts, read 64,039 times
Agreed. Send them to Delaware. NC taxpayers will be supporting more illegal immigration. Always plenty of tax payer money for the immigrants. Yet our federal government can't seem to find any extra money to fund social security or medicare. And yes I agree with bumper stickers that we were all immigrants once, but big difference from my grandparents coming through Ellis Island and our current open borders. Yeesh.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:29 PM

241 posts, read 238,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeDrunk62 View Post
Agreed. Send them to Delaware. NC taxpayers will be supporting more illegal immigration. Always plenty of tax payer money for the immigrants. Yet our federal government can't seem to find any extra money to fund social security or medicare. And yes I agree with bumper stickers that we were all immigrants once, but big difference from my grandparents coming through Ellis Island and our current open borders. Yeesh.

Your grandparents were adults I presume and got here by choice. These are kids who got here through no fault of their own and require humane shelter until their legal situation is figured out. The conditions they were housed in in the past were deplorable and an embarrassment to this country.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:14 AM

My point being that we are being overwhelmed with the current border policy. Ellis Island went through many periods of immigration including limits, By not enforcing limits we will continue to be overwhelmed and children will continue to be political pawns.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:15 AM

My apologies for turning this thread to policy versus the specific locality mentioned by OP.

Old 06-12-2022, 03:30 PM

9 posts, read 7,442 times
CoffeeDrunk62 - I completely agree with your views on this.

There wouldn’t be a need for this if it weren’t for the Biden administration supporting illegal immigration. There is no reason for this to be smack in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. And let’s not forget, the “minors” being held here will be getting better healthcare, education and other services than many of the children of taxpayers here in Greensboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point