Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 04:41 AM

879 posts, read 764,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
I guess I should add - I'm looking at the Jamestown and Grandover areas. The realtor I've contacted assures me both are very safe areas, but am curious if anyone has any thoughts? I don't want to live in a community of arrogance, but I do want to live somewhere safe and where neighbors are respectful of each other (been there, done it, not ever again ).
I lived in Jamestown for 25 years - it’s a great area and you would living there. It’s close to everything with a small town feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 10:20 AM

176 posts, read 290,982 times
Our kids live in two different Greensboro neighborhoods and have not experienced any issues with crime. I currently live in DFW, but lived in the Southpark area of Charlotte for 7 years. My impression of Greensboro is that it is much more southern than Charlotte. I can tell you that our kids neighbors are amazing people! Moreover, the trades, services, and other people we have engaged with have been very polite and helpful. Additionally, Greensboro does not have Charlotte's traffic. And, as a previous poster mentioned, the park system is very good (My oldest daughters kids can walk to three different parks from their house).

On the other hand, there are areas of Greensboro that are a bit tired, there is crime, and the amenities are not on the same level as Charlotte. And Greensboro does not have the curb appeal of the best areas of Charlotte, DFW, or the Woodlands. Charlotte is also closer to places I like to spend time including Hilton Head, Charleston, Savannah, and the Blue Ridge.

I have had the privilege of living in some wonderful areas in California, Arizona, North Carolina, and Texas (Woodlands & now DFW), and have traveled and worked extensively in the Mid-West and North East. My experience leads me to value the people I'm going to be around above all other considerations like amenities, infrastructure, curb appeal, etc. Greensboro has some of the best people I have ever been around and i plan on retiring there.

Old 07-17-2022, 10:47 PM

821 posts, read 1,462,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I lived in Jamestown for 25 years - it’s a great area and you would living there. It’s close to everything with a small town feel.
I like this - I grew up in a small town outside of Charlotte (used to be a 20 min drive, now it's pretty much merged into the city). Would like to revisit that part of my childhood .. Thank you!

Old 07-17-2022, 10:49 PM

821 posts, read 1,462,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeNC View Post
Our kids live in two different Greensboro neighborhoods and have not experienced any issues with crime. I currently live in DFW, but lived in the Southpark area of Charlotte for 7 years. My impression of Greensboro is that it is much more southern than Charlotte. I can tell you that our kids neighbors are amazing people! Moreover, the trades, services, and other people we have engaged with have been very polite and helpful. Additionally, Greensboro does not have Charlotte's traffic. And, as a previous poster mentioned, the park system is very good (My oldest daughters kids can walk to three different parks from their house).

On the other hand, there are areas of Greensboro that are a bit tired, there is crime, and the amenities are not on the same level as Charlotte. And Greensboro does not have the curb appeal of the best areas of Charlotte, DFW, or the Woodlands. Charlotte is also closer to places I like to spend time including Hilton Head, Charleston, Savannah, and the Blue Ridge.

I have had the privilege of living in some wonderful areas in California, Arizona, North Carolina, and Texas (Woodlands & now DFW), and have traveled and worked extensively in the Mid-West and North East. My experience leads me to value the people I'm going to be around above all other considerations like amenities, infrastructure, curb appeal, etc. Greensboro has some of the best people I have ever been around and i plan on retiring there.
Wow - thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point