Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM

6 posts, read 13,596 times

Advertisements

I have been an RN for almost 10 years and currently work in a SICU at a large teaching hospital in Chicago...what kind of salary can I expect (paid well here)? I read a post that said nurses aren't paid well in w-s even after the cost of living is taken into consideration. Also, are there any graduate programs for NP's ...I'm currently in a program here...but moving to w-s soon...looking forward to feedback on these 2 questions. : )Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM

9 posts, read 51,182 times
Default we're moving too

hi chrisx2!
My family and i are moving too, most probably by October. My husband is an RN too. He'll be working in the ER of Forsyth Medical Center. We have a family friend who is working there & told us about the opening.

We were there last week for his interview and at the same time look at some community. we did love the kernersville area(that's where our friend lives too== they have 3 boys). we also have 3 kids (7,3,& 1 y/o). So, its a family neighborhood.

Actually, we were thinking of winston salem area b/c it is closer to the hospital but then when we got there. Our friend told us that he'd seen the triad area and decided to stay in the kernersville b/c its on the center and anytime you want to work in other hospital it is closer. And mentioned about the hospital to be built in kernersville too.

So, it's your decision of course. Goodluck! Oooooh i almost forgot, there's a big Mall just across the hospital(Forsyth). Nice ha! thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx2 View Post
My family is moving to the Winston-Salem area in a few months. I am an Emergency Room nurse and was wondering if anyone has information about the hospitals out there (which ER is the best).
We also have 2 girls (ages 6 and 4) and we are looking for a nice, family oriented neighborhood with good schools. Any ideas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point