Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 AM

11 posts, read 23,259 times

Advertisements

hello,
I will be buying a single family home in N.C. in the near future, and am trying to do my homework before I actually go and start looking in person.
At the moment, I'm considering Raleigh, Greensboro, and Charlotte, though it appears that you get considerably less house for the buck in Raleigh.

Anyway, I've found on-line sites for both Raleigh & Charlotte that provide tax assessment records that include such info as square footage, construction details, depreciation, sales history, etc. See example links below.

Could anyone provide a similar link for real estate data in the Greensboro area?

thanks in advance for any leads, philso

here are the links:
Mecklenburg Real Estate
POLARIS Market Analysis
Real Estate Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:29 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,201 times
*bump*

Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,623 times
This site might help:
City of Greensboro, North Carolina GIS

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM

9 posts, read 24,294 times
Default Great info!! How about W-S, Lewisville, Clemmons

These are great sites. Just curious if you have compared the information here with any recent "actual sales" you know about. I didn't know how directly connected the tax assessment aligns with the "sell value" of properties in these areas, especially newer homes. But it is always good to have some factual data.

If anyone knows of access sites for W-S, Lewisville or Clemmons please post. If I find them I will post. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM

9 posts, read 24,294 times
Default Forsyth County tax records

Here is link for Forsyth county

www.co.forsyth.nc.us/Tax/geodata.aspx

Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM

11 posts, read 23,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by running1 View Post
These are great sites. Just curious if you have compared the information here with any recent "actual sales" you know about. I didn't know how directly connected the tax assessment aligns with the "sell value" of properties in these areas, especially newer homes. But it is always good to have some factual data.

If anyone knows of access sites for W-S, Lewisville or Clemmons please post. If I find them I will post. Thanks.

i'm still working on it. there are sites that list "comps", but the info can be about 6 months old. however, i was told by a realtor that actual sales tend to average in the low 90%s of the asking price.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 PM

29 posts, read 101,113 times
Actually the recent report I did showed the list-to-sale-price ranging from 4%-8%. Prior to the housing "crisis" our list-to-sale was 2-3%. It's mainly the foreclosed homes bringing the stats down (way down). Good homes are still selling on the high side of that range.

Philso, if you are still "doing homework" I would be happy to set up an account for you to be able to access info like that here in the Triad. Email me and I will do it for you.

Forsyth County info is much easier to obtain online than Greensboro unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point